General Sportsball thread

5 Likes
3 Likes

BBC News - Luis Rubiales: Jenni Hermoso files legal complaint over Women’s World Cup final kiss

2 Likes

Canada beats Slovenia to make the semi-finals at the FIBA World Championship for the first time ever.

Woohoo!

5 Likes

and they’ve teamed up with Philly icon Patti LaBelle

4 Likes
2 Likes

This Rotherham Town isn’t the same team as the current Rotherham United. Arthur Wharton played for the first incarnation of the team founded in 1878, not the one founded in 1899 which did eventually become Rotherham United in 1925.

I also wish Rotherham Town had kept their original name, Lunar Rovers.

8 Likes

8 Likes
5 Likes

https://archive.ph/JOKB4

1 Like
2 Likes

Probably his last game? He’s 39 and this type of injury can take a long time to heal. I know that everyone heals differently, but Kobe Bryant had the same injury and he was out for 12 months.

Bryant actually used his, though

1 Like
2 Likes

IIRC Beckham was back after 6 months (I could be cmpletely wrong)?

It took me significantly longer to be back to “normal”, but I didn’t have the sports medicine or doctors he did. In Kobe’s case, he had loads of knee issues, I think those probably slowed his recovery a lot.

1 Like

It was strictly due to the Achilles tear and had nothing to do with his knees. Kobe wasn’t young, but he was younger than Aaron Rodgers is now. I can’t speak to Beckham’s experience, but as I mentioned different people heal at different speeds. Perhaps Rodgers will be luckier than Kobe, but I’m not sure a NFL team will gamble on a 40-year-old QB who is returning from an Achilles tear.

1 Like

I can’t see it happening

As I was walkin’ - I saw a sign there
And that sign said “No trespassin’”
But on the other side 
 it didn’t say nothin!
Now that side was made for you and me!

Or just keep those songs for sportsball finals and international games, like in Britain

Or maybe not

2 Likes

Two of the biggest names in football team up

2 Likes

easy for you to say!

4 Likes

Baldelli went on paternity leave after Saturday’s 7-6 loss to the Chicago White Sox. His wife, Allie, is expecting twin boys in the coming days.

“We’re excited. It’s twins, and we didn’t know what to expect and we didn’t know or even anticipate making it this far,” Rocco Baldelli said. “So we’ve made it basically to the end of kind of the term that they laid out for us, so that’s exciting and I think good for the babies. Allie’s still feeling pretty good, so I mean we’re lucky.”

3 Likes