General Sportsball thread

So the Paralympics are still going on. And Ukraine is doing quite well. It’s really something to see.

5 Likes

The Chelsea fans are in complete denial. They’ll probably be chanting his name again at the match this weekend.

1 Like
6 Likes
5 Likes
4 Likes

Yeah, I’d wondered about that. The Portuguese return laws are for Sephardic Jews as an attempt to atone for the Inquisition; most of us who came from Russia and her neighbors are Ashkenazi.

2 Likes

I really wasn’t expecting that. I would have been more than happy with a draw.

Simpson’s record is now four games, four wins. Some fans are getting a bit overexcited, Carlisle can still theoretically get to the promotion play-offs, but they would have to win the last 11 games. They might get away with only 10 wins, but even that is improbable. 12 more points should see us to safety though, and that is very achievable now.

Carlisle’s biggest crowd of the season too, 8,514 people turned up. Next up, Newport County on Tuesday. Thankfully it’s at Carlisle and not at Rodney Parade, which usually looks like a freshly ploughed field at this time of the year. We beat the second placed team today, let’s see if we can do the same to third place.

4 Likes

One guy who has been a Chelsea fan for decades really has switched to going to Sutton United games until Abramovich has gone.

7 Likes

I love this.

Honestly, I don’t understand most of the Chelsea (and Man City and Newcastle) fans. If somebody decided to turn my club into a PR project to cover atrocities, I’d be furious, I wouldn’t sing their praises at matches.

conquer major league soccer GIF by Atlanta United

2 Likes

Make up your feckin’mind!

5 Likes

Sassy Red Wine GIF by Married At First Sight

6 Likes

MLB’s new collective bargaining agreement fails to address players’ biggest grievances

3 Likes
4 Likes

Fucking Hell Sac GIF by Hansh*

Those russians play really dirty, that sorta stuff would make an 'ndrangheta boss pause for thought

*not a welsh speaker

Fixed that for you.

1 Like

Follow up:

(Source; won’t onebox)

2 Likes

Not heard of that many kidnappings to ensure business deals, maybe I’m just uninformed…

I do think that slavery is a kind of business deal and kinda kidnapping.

1 Like
1 Like