General Spring Holiday Thread

Some parts of the world get an eclipse Friday night. Sadly not north America.

3 Likes

Happy World Laughter Day!

:laughing: :rofl: :joy:

2 Likes

Old Men Laughing GIF by ABC Network

4 Likes

Happy Motherā€™s Dayā€¦

Alsoā€¦ yikes?

2 Likes

Jeez.

1 Like

I was just looking for a funny Derry Girl motherā€™s day meme with Ma Mary, and I got that! :frowning_face:

These are much betterā€¦

4 Likes

Itā€™s Memorial Day in the US:

The beaches at Normandy:

3 Likes

Thereā€™s a memorial in Marseilles IL for the US military casualties of the middle-east conflicts. It is modelled after the Vietnam memorial in DC. You can use paper and crayon to make rubbings.

The coins are left to indicate that a comrade made a memorial visit. The shots are for a drink theyā€™ll never share again.

4 Likes
6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

The Vernal Equinox is right now as I edit this post

HAPPY BEGINNING and/or MIDDLE OF SPRING :cherry_blossom:

7 Likes

Happy Good Day GIF by Shalita Grant

(Astronomical spring)

ETA: okay now itā€™s astronomical spring

6 Likes

Spring in my neck of the woods.

Weā€™re under a winter weather advisory for 3 to 6 inches of snow today. Itā€™s coming down pretty good, I already put my snow shovel away and drained the gas out of the snowblower. I think Iā€™ll just wait a day and let it melt.

9 Likes

Bite me Michigan weather.

I went to put out the trash and took a header off of the porch. The slow motion video shows my head hitting the step. Iā€™m one big bruise.

I wasnā€™t going to shovel but we have deliveries today so I pulled out the blower.

11 Likes

Well, that sucks! Hope no major injuries!

5 Likes

At the risk of being Captain Obvious here, and from someone in your approximate age bracket, take any lingering aches and pains seriously and get anything that feels even vaguely orthopedic-related checked sooner rather than later. Really, please do.

I wiped out less dramatically than you just did on a walk after the ice storm back in January. Thought I pulled a muscle in my upper arm from trying to catch myself as I landed on my bum. No big deal, right? Just take it easy and itā€™ll heal over time, right? Nope, nope, nope. Range of motion got progressively worse, ongoing nerve pain up and down the arm started ramping up a couple weeks ago, and if I accidently move the arm out of the ā€œsafe zoneā€ Iā€™m poleaxed by several minutes of searing stabbing pain shooting down my arm.
After x-rays and a nerve conduction study (ouch) that both show nothing of concern (WTH!!!), orthopedist suspects frozen shoulder syndrome developing but canā€™t be definitive because the arm hurts too much for him to be able to do a full examination, and he has attitude about that.
The physical therapist does not think the shoulder is freezing up and was able to pinpoint three shoulder-to-arm tendons that he suspects I injured when I fell. He also wondered out loud why no MRI (I know the answer to that by looking in the mirror). Why these tendons and associated nerves are firing up extra spicily over a month later remains a mystery.
So now Iā€™m getting into the PT pipeline, taking naproxen for pain relief (ha! not helping) and gabapentin to ā€œcalm those nerves down someā€ (also not working and making me feel like hell even at the starter dose and Iā€™m seriously considering not ramping up because I have to be able to function), and Iā€™m coming to the realization that this isnā€™t going away soon, and it all really sucks.

6 Likes

Absolutely.

I am not afraid to go to the ER or doctor plus my wife wonā€™t give me any choice.

I went to the ER a couple years ago when a huge bruise showed up an my calf with no injury.

I asked the ER doctor if I was being too cautious, he said not with my history. Iā€™ve had a major heart attack, stroke, and what they call unstable angina. Anything involving a major bump, especially to the head gets taken seriously.

I have a few friends I their 80s, one of them slipped last year and broke their back. They fixed him but no one needs that kind of injury.

Iā€™m always lecturing them to be careful and stay off ladders, just call me. I keep trying to impress upon them they worked hard their whole life to be able to enjoy their final years confortably, donā€™t take chances.

I did not take my own advice.

I hope you heal fast.

And to all my fellow aging people, letā€™s be careful out there.

nbc community GIF

7 Likes

Just some pretty bruises.

Our daughter made sure I was alright before she started laughing at me.

Sheā€™s a good kid.

6 Likes

7 Likes