Generic 2016 US Election Cycle Recycling Bin

In case the phrase ‘centrist Democrat’ didn’t sound bad enough already.

2 Likes

Given the circumstances, “moderate” is not good. Being moderately non crazy is hardly reassuring.

5 Likes

Have you met people?

“Moderately non-crazy” is a YUGE achievement.

5 Likes

a Moderate Democrat is someone that should be in the Republican party, but has been pushed out by the crazy.

4 Likes

LOL

5 Likes

10 Likes

NYT reported this dubious story about Sanders supporters threatening Dems.

In the past, I think the campaign has been generally more professional and strategic than what is reported so I’m having a hard time with it.

angry supporters of Senator Bernie Sanders who were directing their ire at the Nevada Democratic Party — and its chairwoman, Roberta Lange — over a state convention on Saturday that they think was emblematic of a rigged political system.

“It’s been vile,” said Ms. Lange, who riled Sanders supporters by refusing their requests for rule changes at the event in Las Vegas. “It’s been threatening messages, threatening my family, threatening my life, threatening my grandchild.”

I got the impression that the problems in Nevada were caused by Clinton skullduggery (those rule changes you mention)

2 Likes

What rules were changed though. I thought Nevada caucuses with Dems only. Part of what sounded odd was that Sanders wouldn’t know that already. They are organizers. They know the rules.

What I saw mostly came via @cowicide.

10 Likes

Now that sounds like a story. Any journalist corroboration yet?

2 Likes

Here’s a few links.

I think that what happened was that Sanders supporters out-organized Clinton ones to get more delegates in contrast with the results in February, and the DNC have tried to roll that back. With not very good results.

Going to make things really messy in Nov.

(yeah, faux news)

7 Likes

It is telling that the story is reported as a security issue instead of on the merits of the rules issue.

10 Likes

Okay, here we go …

The Hill article you found quoted the Credentials Committee minority report which describes a due process issue being appealed to the national Dems.

“The credentials minority report is based on the challenge of 64 Sanders delegates. Contrary to the procedures and precedents set by the committee, nearly none of these 64 people were presented with the opportunity to be heard by the committee or to demonstrate that they are registered Democrats,"

4 Likes

14 Likes

Oregon primary results are starting to come in at last. Whee!

4 Likes

Your state?

1 Like

If she chose that for her obituary, that woman is my new hero.

10 Likes

Okay, well, if I have an untimely demise prior to November, I’m having to steal that - without the god part, of course.

7 Likes

Yep. Been waiting not-so-patiently all day.

4 Likes