Generic 2016 US Election Cycle Recycling Bin

Newt loves to play “intellectual former professor” to give a false veneer of seriousness to the degraded mass of moral and intellectual failure that he’s lived out. The Fox/Hedgehog is an reference to Isaiah Berlin’s essay, describing two types of intellectuals, those who think broadly (foxes) and those who have one big idea they apply to everything (hedgehogs). To suggest a scatter-brained, barely literate con-man like Trump is a hedgehog or a fox is to insult human rationality itself.

13 Likes
4 Likes

One is covered in many small spines. The other is just a colossal…

5 Likes

3 Likes

(thank you, google images)

6 Likes

Based on that, I’ve updated mine a little. I am internally troubled at making Donald the Hedgehog art, but somehow it’s so hard to stop.

5 Likes

And to hedgehogs and foxes.

And possibly to other con men.

8 Likes

For me this is the most maddening part, though I’m perhaps a little biased.

5 Likes

Obama showing his pet hedgehog to Leo. Should help the Dems.

11 Likes

A dead heat. Fabulous. Well done, everyone.

Time to start thinking about emigration. But not back to Blighty…

8 Likes

I think I’ve had my fill of my former country. I’d be working on selling things off and starting my exit now if my kids weren’t in college.

3 Likes

New Zealand’s nice, I hear.

5 Likes

Politics in the U.S. is a sporting match. Red vs Blue, Us vs Them—hell, it’s even discussed in terms of a sporting match. Paul Ryan was on CNN yesterday talking about ‘tackling problems before they tackle us’. Discussion of elections is framed mostly in sporting or militaristic terms, which tells you a lot about the collective mentality of this country.

That 50/50 divide isn’t about Clinton vs Trump, it’s about which party gets to be King of the Hill. That’s the way the Republicans have been playing it and the Democrats have played along.

Wondering why the Republicans remain entrenched despite failing to serve the socioeconomic interests of the vast majority of their own electorate? This is why.

6 Likes

I can honestly not tell the difference between ESPN and cable news networks. Maybe the fantasy sports discussion? Maybe not, people have been playing fantasy president since forever anyways.

Yeah I have made it known that just punting and moving to Canada is a serious option… I mean I always kinda had the idea of if the shit hits the fan in 'murrica having the Canadian wife is a good thing but I never thought it could get this fucked up here. Yeah there have always been issues and quite embarrassing citizenry but damn people.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/greg_shill/status/780521333855772672

12 Likes

Not sure if uncovering even more Trump fraud achieves much anyway, but…

4 Likes

Entertaining as ever.

4 Likes
9 Likes

My immediate thought when I saw this: 'No effing way that’s real.'
My second thought was: ‘No effing way that’s real.’

So I googled ‘MSNBC Clinton’s tasks tonight’.

#Holy double-standard sexist shit, this is real.

12 Likes