Generic 2016 US Election Cycle Recycling Bin

Good for you; that will provide so much comfort to everyone else who won’t be “saved,” I’m sure.

Again, thanks.

5 Likes

9/11 is 11/9 backwards, coincidence? i think not!!! :alien::space_invader::sunglasses: :tinfoil_hat:

9 Likes

If anyone can keep their fire burning for a measly decade, I’m sure Cowicide can.

11 Likes

After a day and a nice sleep and some self-care, I think my mantra for the next 4 years is going to be

KANYE 2020

I mean, if we’re going to elect egomaniacs, might as well be an entertaining egomaniac.

7 Likes

11 Likes

So, um, the uh person who won the election thing and theoretically the next President of the United States posted this on Twitter:

5 Likes

lol unfair

4 Likes

as said over in Trump the chump
DAFUQ? Professional protesters?

6 Likes

I was doing as I promised and digging through results as they closed and happened to stop by Texas. I didn’t realize how much ground the Democrats have gained there, and that a Texas seat in the house is poised to be taken by an incredibly tight race that is still being counted.

It has caught me off guard.

5 Likes

Any thoughts about Keith Ellison or Howard Dean as DNC chair?

3 Likes

I got an email from the “Our revolution” that grew out of the Sanders campaign and it was advocating for Ellison, FWIW.

3 Likes

Yeah, Ellison is close to Sanders (first congressman to endorse him?) - whereas Dean is a lobbyist for big pharma.

4 Likes

Wowwwwww . . . people are wrecking shit in downtown Portland right now. The majority of protesters are peaceful, but there’s a small group that’s working on getting them all teargassed :fearful:

8 Likes
8 Likes

Duchess sent me!

“You dropped something…”

3 Likes

This is how movements die. Despite how I feel, this is going to deeply affect my willingness to attend an action such as this in the future.

5 Likes

Turning out and waving a placard might be visible, but it isn’t the only form of protest. Plenty that can be done without even leaving the house. Don’t let the dickheads rob you of your passion or make you lose your focus.

6 Likes

I just got out of the shower and checked to see how it’s going–pretty well, actually. The police are trying to separate the peaceful protesters from the ones who just want to break stuff. The state police are still there looking scary, and some people have been arrested, but no pepper spray so far. Peaceful protesters are still being allowed to do their thing. Remarkable, especially considering that this is the third night in a row they’ve shut down I-5.

9 Likes

Anti-democracy protests in the United States of America. They are protesting the outcome of a vote.

I didn’t think it would come to this, although certainly the worst elements of the Republican Party have been prepping for it since Reagan was in office.

Violent rebellion against elected government gives the president the ability to declare a “national state of emergency” and, if Congress agrees, a legal pretext for declaring martial law and sending the army into the urban centers and slaughtering all “those people” (nudge nudge wink wink) under the Insurrection Act.

If protests were triggered by something other than an election, like if people waited until the new President actually did something, the situation would be quite different.

2 Likes

Are they denying the result?

Trump lost badly in cities and amongst the young. There are going to be protests his whole presidency. He’d best get used to them.

13 Likes