Generic 2016 US Election Cycle Recycling Bin

I recall being thoroughly impressed by Going Upriver: The Long War of John Kerry. Whatever you think of Kerry or his campaign, that was a very well done hagiography.

Was nothing similar attempted by the Clinton campaign, or did they try but just produce cheesy bland pap instead?

Hereā€™s a Clinton ad thatā€™s pretty poignant using pretty much only things assbag McCheetostain said himself:

They did have a couple, but they werenā€™t as good because there were places she couldnā€™t go in the campaign pieces. For example, the Full Frontal piece discussed how she was thrown under the bus by her friends and by Bill, and how she fought her way back. Seriously, it is worth a watch if you can find it, though of course in the aftermath of the election learning things that make you like her more will just be more depressing.

2 Likes

BTW, yā€™all:

The political debates on the BBS are kicking back into steam, with postmortems aplenty. Theyā€™re sure to be as lively as alwaysā€¦

But: I expect a lot of you are feeling pretty tender right now, and itā€™d be easy for tempers to slip.

So perhaps everybody should take an extra dose of kittens for the next few days, and think twice before hitting the Reply button?

Sure, argue your side with as much vigor as it deserves, but take a little extra care to keep the debate focused on the ideas instead of the posters.

Trump may be in the White House, but Princess Pricklepants still rules in BBlandia.

23 Likes

Directed not at you specifically, but at the country as a wholeā€¦

@AcerPlatanoides:. This song seems more appropriate:

Sorryā€¦ Iā€™m just bitter.

9 Likes

None of this kind of stuff hurts my spirit. I just get more angryā€¦ and determined.

19 Likes

No. Because they hate women.

2 Likes

I swear to every fucking thing that is holy, the BBS needs you now and if you leaveā€¦ if you leaveā€¦ ifā€¦ justā€¦ please donā€™t.

8 Likes

3 Likes

They wonā€™t let me leave. Boing Boing refuses to delete my account.

11 Likes

12 Likes

Thank Cthulhu. As selfish as it sounds, I need you here so I can keep my sanity and hope, I need your inspiration.

9 Likes

Bub-bye.

This user is suspended until November 7, 2026 10:08am.

https://bbs.boingboing.net/users/Cowicide/activity

5 Likes

Wellā€¦itā€™s only a decadeā€¦

4 Likes

Weā€™ll be in the middle of Trumpā€™s third term by then, but so far so goodā€¦

4 Likes

Huhā€¦ fitting end to a shit week. I canā€™t even muster the energy to get angry right now, Iā€™m sure Iā€™ll find something to break later.

2 Likes

Continuing the discussion from GOP strategist says Trump supporters are "childless single men who masturbate to anime":

1 Like

After 911 my crazy friend who refused to graduate from college, henceforth referred to as Steiner, drove through the streets of our college town collecting dazed-looking Arab and Muslim students who had been summarily ejected by their landlords.

I went to his (rented) house and there was barely a square inch of floor or furniture that wasnā€™t covered with sleeping brown people. You had to pick your way through on tiptoe. For weeks. Suitcases and trunks in piles everywhere.

If somebody reading this needs help, look for Quakers and Unitarian Universalists. They will help you find people like Steiner, who is neitherā€¦ just a working class white guy with a heart.

15 Likes

Depending upon the (assumed) kindness of strangers; yeah, that wonā€™t let fail anyone who needs help, and no one will fall through the cracks.

Great solution; thanks.

3 Likes