Generic 2016 US Election Cycle Recycling Bin

I’m done. I can’t watch anymore. Good night to all my BBS friends. Tomorrow is a new day.

15 Likes

Stay strong. Future’s gonna need folks like you.

14 Likes

I really can’t find anyone worse except the guy running against her, and maybe like Ted Cruz or someone. Sanders was better. Lessig was better but nobody would vote for him. O’Malley and Chafee were blah and blah squared, but they weren’t markedly worse than Hillary, just redundant with Hillary in the race. Ditto for Biden, although he didn’t run. Webb? Dunno. I put her in the middle of the pack with the Republicans TBH.

You say her politics aren’t yours? They’re not mine either, which is why it took me down to the wire to decide to vote for her. She doesn’t represent what I believe in, doesn’t seem interested in my side, so why should I vote for her unless… yeah, unless I wanted to avoid what already fucking happened and what was practically written in the sky for months beforehand. My bitching and moaning about Hillary that drove everyone here nuts? That was a sign of something.

If there is a benevolent force out there, may they have mercy upon all of us.

3 Likes

I went to bed to you know sleep. Woke wife up in process and she is a total mess now. Almost as upset as when her father died.

13 Likes

I am glad I have access to an anxiolytic and an appointment with my counselor tomorrow.

NSFW lyrics

If nothing else this is an opportunity to appreciate the impermanence of all things composite.

I hope this music may be as therapeutic for you as for me when I must let go of fear and steel with resolve for what will be a more uncertain future than bargained for.

I am beyond being able to even begin processing this right now. Good night mutants and take care of yourselves out there! <3

8 Likes

NPR is broadcasting his acceptance speech right now to a crowd chanting 'USA USA USA".

5 Likes

He should have thanked Russia first, they did a lot more than his deceased parents to help get him elected.

6 Likes

Ohhhh, Ben Carson for Surgeon General? Looks like it.

2 Likes

Holyshit they are playing “You can’t always get what you want” as he walks off the stage… really pulling the country together Donald. Looks like we are in for 4 years of President Fuckface Von Clownstick.

8 Likes

Over the last few months I have said, or implied, both of the following things:

• Clinton was an awful candidate and nominating her was shameful

• The polls said she was going to win anyway

I guess polls do not predict elections any more.

For a while they did. I wonder why that is.

What will happen now?

• Conspiracy theories will become fashionable among Democrats again

• Democrats will speak out against endless war and extrajudicial detention

Until the next time the Democratic Party gets back into power.

Then back to the same old shit.

3 Likes

Dr Oz would be my guess.

The establishment Dems will:

1. Try to blame this on Johnson, Stein and Bernie.
  2. Suggest that the Dems need to be more like Trump if they want to win.
7 Likes

oh man…i fear you might be right. :sob: i can only hope they choose the opposite and choose someone with real values like bernie next time around.

4 Likes

I think we should push for large-scale voting of candidates of other parties. Both the democrat and republican are shambles. I think that dynamic is long since played out, and there might be a large demographic by now who agree. Split them both for four parties.

3 Likes

I’m watching last night’s episode of Full Frontal with Samantha Bee right now.

It is kind of making me want to drink more than I’m already drinking.

1 Like

Do I have to watch it to find out why?

It was still optimistic about the result

Plus it had depressing stuff about journalism in Russia, also bad, but yeah. I think her intro segment will end up being a requiem for Hilary.

4 Likes

Don’t worry, tRump has promised that American journalism will be brought down to Russia’s level of “immense freedom, comrade” once he’s in office.

4 Likes

It also had a lot about how HRC got to the point where she is now (or was yesterday). It is a pretty inspiring segment, and might have gone a long way to getting more progressives on her side if someone had thought to put it together before the night before the election.

2 Likes

I recall being thoroughly impressed by Going Upriver: The Long War of John Kerry. Whatever you think of Kerry or his campaign, that was a very well done hagiography.

Was nothing similar attempted by the Clinton campaign, or did they try but just produce cheesy bland pap instead?