Generic 2016 US Election Cycle Recycling Bin

Cynical thin silver lining: years ago, I wrote up notes for a World of Darkness campaign setting in a conquered city under martial law, with the PCs being in the Resistance, but I had to discard it as too far past suspension of disbelief.

Guess I can dust it off and update it now.

6 Likes

Well hey the White House redecoration is gonna be the Best! Totally Classy! :crying_cat_face:

11 Likes

I blame

1 - The DNC for anointing Clinton as the 2016 nominee the day after Obama won in 2008. They ignored her likability issue ms and went full steam ahead.

2 - The Democrats who got out of her way because of her last name, likely pressured by the RNC.

3 - Every democrat is every state who didn’t vote.

4 - The RNC … They aren’t entirely happy either – for allowing the dozen or so losers run instead of forcing some semblance of unity. They tore each other up and Trump remained.

5 - Every Republican in office who put party before country and refused to stand up and say “No” to Trump.

6 - Those in the entertainment industry like Jimmy Fallon who gave Trump a pass and normalized his behavior

More???

20 Likes

You forgot “everyone who voted for him”.

19 Likes

Huh, That Sucks.

5 Likes

Well I am done for the night. Gonna to try and sleep now.

9 Likes

I’m just going to accept this as a sign from my Lady Eris… I’m sure that she has a grand plan in play.

5 Likes

I’d expect a busy signal at this point.

6 Likes

Sleep tight everyone. Tomorrow I will tell my 3 girls that the country is stronger than a one term presidency. Or something really I don’t know what I will tell them.

11 Likes

If we’re still around then…

6 Likes

“You know how scars are cool and mean you’re a badass and brave? Well, this is gonna give America one HELL of a scar.”

14 Likes

Here’s to the health of every member of the Supreme Court.

20 Likes

That’s the problem, I think. My impression is, Eris doesn’t do plans, or any kind of order as we know it. She’s all about the chaos. She’s certainly going to get a lot of that over the next four years. I’d hope at least some of it will be constructive chaos… if I had any hope left. Which I don’t.

4 Likes

Yes more.

1. The media, who normalized Trump’s behavior through fake even-handedness while burying Bernie under antisemitic and red-baiting bullshit.

2. The neoliberals, for telling all of us that actual liberalism and progressive values are too extreme.

3. Anyone who didn’t see antipathy toward Clinton as a symptom of a very real problem.

4. Low information voters, because they didn’t care enough.

5. Anyone getting a decent night’s sleep tonight, because they don’t care enough either.

20 Likes

God… These assholes on CNN right now…

1 Like

I like the black dude. The trump guy is an asshole.

2 Likes

More fake centrism? More Hillary does this, Trump does that, let’s all call it equal?

2 Likes

Yes, the black guy is the shining beacon here. The layers of irony here from the Trump people is just insane.

1 Like

“Why won’t Hilary concede!”

From the guy who’s candidate said the election was rigged and wouldn’t concede.

6 Likes

The one I can’t get over is the personality circus of Hillary hate over the years. Sure, her politics aren’t mine. But I am dumbfounded by the number of people who I have heard saying “Anybody but Hillary!” Seriously? Her brand business/hawk realpolitik is a known quantity, and the idea that one couldn’t possibly find anybody worse is just mind-numbingly naive.

9 Likes