Generic 2018 U.S. Election Cycle Recycling Bin

Why the fuck was Milo Yiannopoulos in Seattle? And today, of all days?

http://komonews.com/news/local/faceoff-at-university-of-washington-over-alt-right-speaker

9 Likes
10 Likes

Even their baked goods are plagiarized.

9 Likes

The cake is a lie. Sad!

11 Likes

Fuck me @POTUS is retweeting @realDonaldTrump

7 Likes

F Cake News!

5 Likes

The man in question was an anti-Trump protester who was shot in the stomach by a Yiannopoulos supporter.

10 Likes

I wonder if the people who supported Romney and McCain felt as disgusted about Obama as many of us feel about Trump, the same sort of existential dread, and if all of this is some kind of karmic payback.

3 Likes

I don’t even get why someone does that. I mean, if you are a baker, doing a special cake like this is an amazing, once in a lifetime experience to get creative and show your stuff. The only reason I can imagine them flat out copying the Obama’s cake is because they were specifically instructed to. Which I also find bizarre.

I caught a few moments of the ball and those are some white people who can’t dance.

14 Likes

Yep… but, of course. It’s just more politics of respectability.

5 Likes

Like this…

And @smulder has the whole video!

10 Likes

God, I’m gonna miss her. Best first lady since… probably Eleanor… Though Rosalind is pretty awesome sauce, too. Maybe Lady Bird (who wins on the name, for sure).

9 Likes

The cake really was a lie!

per the order, the Trump cake was intended to be more of a prop: All but a three-inch slice at the bottom was inedible.

“It’s just a Styrofoam cake. It’s not for eating,” she said. “I wasn’t expecting it to be seen on TV.”

8 Likes

Heh. Even protests in Antarctica.

19 Likes

More evidence that Trump can’t spell

12 Likes

You Guys! Have you heard this wonderful song?

6 Likes

Ha, I finally got around to reading the article. The bakery donated the profits to the Human Rights Campaign :grin:

9 Likes

http://seattlepi.com/news/crime/article/Portland-police-use-gas-at-Trump-protest-1-shot-10873550.php

2 Likes

Now wondering if Melania’s pre-nup requires her to step on a scale every morning while Donald looks on with a scowl. Has anyone observed her eating?

(Note, I have a lot of sympathy for Melania.)

13 Likes

Trump addresses CIA, and

1 - calls the press a bunch of liars
2 - calls out one reporter from Time Magazine by name
3 - claims the inaugural crowds were almost as big as, or actually as big as, Obama’s, and suggests the media was somehow misreporting
4 - suggests God stopped the rain for the duration of his inaugural address

Watch from 53:20

11 Likes