Generic 2018 U.S. Election Cycle Recycling Bin

My other ship is also sinking.

15 Likes

Your other ship was going to be my safe harbor.

11 Likes

Which other ship?

9 Likes

Don’t say that your other ship is NZ, because man, I’m eyeing that lovely island with envy.

9 Likes

don’t you get preference in commonwealth countries?

and selling the house and using the profits to get settled up north gets more appealing every day.

7 Likes

Nah, the septic isle. Perfidious Albion.

I am seriously considering NZ.

I don’t think so. Maybe Brexit will help there, if nothing else. They’ll need to make extra nice with the Anglosphere countries they want to replace EU trade with, but those might be one-sided deals…(apparently Aus has already made it clear that they want more freedom for their people to move to the UK).

11 Likes

This is equal parts 100% hilarious and 100% pathetic.

Direct link to a comparison GIF:

EDIT: Debunked. Sorry, all.

6 Likes
10 Likes

Well, I’m not sure how much faith I put into yet another oversimplification of “This is why Trump won,” but that does go a good way towards explaining why Trump got 80% of the Evangelical vote.

7 Likes

from the article

This. They want a fight and sitting back and being pacifist about it means they will win. I don’t think it will come to a shooting war but war it will have to be.

10 Likes

Kellyanne Conway was on PBS Newshour a couple nights ago. I was impressed by how Judy Woodruff managed to maintain her composure, keep her poise, and always turn back to the question at hand in the face of the usual Kellyanne steamroller interview style.

Kellyanne brought out her “we’re co-parenting now” line.
What Woodruff didn’t say: “yeah and one of the parents is an abusive stepdad.”

5 Likes

I thought the fist bumping people coming down the aisle was inappropriate.

3 Likes

The next four years…

12 Likes

That’s never happened and is perfectly consistent with democratic institutions! /s

7 Likes
15 Likes

We’ve wanted to steal their oil since the days of the Shah. Trump just can’t keep a secret very well.

11 Likes

The enemy of my enemy is still my enemy

4 Likes

I appreciate that TRMS is pitched at a US audience, but seriously…when Trump is loudly bragging about his intention to commit war crimes and launch yet more invasions, “this might blow back on US troops” is a very small part of the consequences.

Yes, acting like evil shitheads will contribute to the unpopularity of American occupation troops. But the problem ain’t the unpopularity, it’s the evil shitheadery.

4 Likes

News came out today that among the many people now banned from entering the US is Oscar-nominated Iranian director Asghar Farhadi – neither he or the cast of The Salesman will be able to attend the Academy Awards. The Academy has condemned the travel ban.

In response, the White House says:
A White House source tells PEOPLE that Farhadi would qualify for a waiver to allow him to enter the U.S. and attend the award ceremony.

Oh, a waiver! So our country doesn’t want Muslims unless they win Oscars. I’m guessing rich Muslims are also eligible for these waivers.

13 Likes

[quote=Alternate Genius]
Better to get your news directly from the president, in fact, it might be the only way to get the unvarnished truth.[/quote]

10 Likes