Generic 2018 U.S. Election Cycle Recycling Bin

[quote=“nemomen, post:829, topic:91600, full:true”]

I thought that the Bible (King James version specifically) was the sole arbiter and source of TRUTH?

12 Likes

Only when politically convenient.

Also, Republican Presidents gain automatic Messiah status.

7 Likes

I agree, but I think some people are more likely to take heed when it’s framed as “this will have direct consequences on something you care about”, just like some Republicans only ever see gay people as people once they find out one of their family members is gay. And it is a valid thing to be worried about on top of the evil shitheadery itself.

6 Likes

5 Likes

Trump’s not only adding Bannon to the National Security Council (Jesus Fuck!) but pulled the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs, the Director of National Intelligence from the principal committee (left as optional, as though there’s ever any meeting that could happen where their input’s not central) and totally disinvited the Secretary of Energy. This is the meeting where the Pres. discusses national security and foreign policy, and he’s yanking the heads in charge of intelligence, the military, and nukes.

11 Likes

In all fairness, do you want Rick Perry on the National Security Council?

I mean, I wouldn’t have put in him charge of the nukes in the first place, but I guess since he is he should get an input…

*cries*

https://twitter.com/pwnallthethings/status/825517709576302592

5 Likes

Rick Perry is literally one of the handful of crazies that sobered up once in Washington. Rick. Perry.

11 Likes

As it turns out the Sec. Energy’s presence is legally mandatory.
https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/50/3021

Also, about that ISIS plan…

Remember when Trump said he had a great plan to defeat ISIS but he couldn’t give it away before the election? It turns out his super secret plan that would give ISIS the upper hand if ever discussed was to ask someone else to come up with a plan.

18 Likes

What does the bit about recommended changes to the rules of engagement that exceed the requirements of international law regarding the use of force?

I can’t say that sounds good…

4 Likes

It’s so badly worded it’s near unintelligible, so it’s hard to say if it’s ‘screw the Geneva Conventions’ or ‘uh oh, we need to make sure we’re following the law,’ but given that we’re dealing with Nazis, I’m pretty sure it’s ‘screw the Geneva Conventions.’

6 Likes
6 Likes

Is there a thread that tabulates Trump’s lies? It would be a great bit of pasta.

3 Likes

I mentioned in another thread that PBS has a less-than-an-hour documentary called “Dick Cavett’s Watergate” that really hits you over the head with the similarities between the Cheeto-in-residence and Tricky Dick. It’s free to watch on their website, and definitely worth the time.

10 Likes

What the FUCKING fuck.

14 Likes

And also, in the middle of all this other shit . . . look, I’ve been trying to train myself not to use gendered insults, but sometimes I regress, like now. This. Bitch.

7 Likes
6 Likes

If that’s meant to be a flame-resistant dress, she’s gonna need a bigger dress.

7 Likes

WTF?

7 Likes

7 Likes
13 Likes