Generic 2018 U.S. Election Cycle Recycling Bin

Indeed. What a tool.

6 Likes

I usually block that guy but sometimes the crazy is so strong it bubbles up. The idea that voting for the old white billionaire fascist that old people especially liked, and almost nobody under 30 can stand is ā€œpunk rockā€ made me giggle.

11 Likes

To be fair, Iā€™d argue that punk itself wasnā€™t inherently progressive, even if many punks identified as such. I mean, even in that song, heā€™s calling the nazis in question punks. But Iā€™m probably splitting academic hairs hereā€¦ :wink:

Incidentally, I just picked up a copy of this book:

Which includes both skinhead bands and right wing/nazi punk bands. Cross over between the two is pretty sloppy and hard to tease out, I think.

8 Likes

So why give him more exposure?

3 Likes

Because they need to be identified too. The name ā€œPaul Joseph Watsonā€ can appear on TV, editorials, etc. and he would be far less inflammatory and adjust his message to sound more reasonable.

Look at Milo.

1 Like

So, not discredited at all?

13 Likes

If you could condense punk down to any one thing, it might be that punk was against alternative facts. Punk was not about making up your own reality. Punk was about dealing with actual reality and ugly facts that nobody liked.*

Paul Joseph Watson may believe thatā€™s what heā€™s doing at Infowars but obviously it is not.

āˆ— see, for instance, johnny rottenā€™s retrospective commentary in The Filth and the Fury

8 Likes

Working on how to ease Trump out of office without him taking the rest of us down with him. Maybe we can convince Trump heā€™s been elected Emperor of the World, by popular acclaim, and that his throne is on the island of Saint Helena.

5 Likes
10 Likes

If anyone is still confused what the real silencing of other opinions looks like.

11 Likes
6 Likes

https://twitter.com/cafedotcom/status/829182411045011456

6 Likes

http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/08/politics/jeff-sessions-vote-senate-slog/[quote=Link]The Senate voted Wednesday to confirm Sen. Jeff Sessions of Alabama as the next attorney general, surviving a vocal push by Democrats to derail his nomination.

The 52-47 vote was mostly along party lines, though one Democrat, Sen. Joe Manchin, joined the Republicans to back their Alabama colleague.
The final vote for Sessions ā€“ one of Trumpā€™s closest advisers and his earliest supporter in the Senate ā€“ came after 30 hours of debate from Democrats and a stunning fight between liberal Sen. Elizabeth Warren and Senate Republicans which ended in her being forced to sit down after she was accused of impugning Sessions.[/quote]Thereā€™s an automatically playing video featuring some obnoxious hillbilly type the news loves to put on camera, but I wanted to point out my shock at how the votes fell.

3 Likes

Who was theā€¦

Oh, right. Sessions wouldnā€™t be allowed to vote for himself.

6 Likes

Iā€™m kind of surprised he wasnā€™t.

So, who does he get replaced by as Senator? Someone awesome, I trust?

2 Likes

Bidding starts at $1,000,000 or a Trump Hotel franchise.

8 Likes

The Governor of Alabama (a Republican, of course) gets to choose.

5 Likes

Sounds like a different ā€œthe IIIā€ is going to get the job.

Strangeā€™s possible appointment is mired in controversy. Last year, he asked the House committee investigating Bentleyā€™s relationship with former staffer Rebekah Caldwell Mason to suspend its proceedings while his office conducts ā€œnecessary related work.ā€

4 Likes

Luther Strange III just sounds like a really shitty service-station-VHS-bargain-bin sequel.

9 Likes

It sounds like the great-grandson of a Marvel hero and a DC villain.

6 Likes