Generic 2018 U.S. Election Cycle Recycling Bin

2 Likes

That was a pretty good read to what I always considered the (majority) republican perspective until the past couple of years. I agree with them entirely about how eager a lot of people are to install an authoritarian regardless of what their message or intent is, even if billionaires complaining about their income being stifled by the government is normally a topic I avoid in print.

2 Likes

Bless your heart.

4 Likes

So, a guy in my neighborhood put these Trump election signs up in his front yard. A huge banner tied 20 feet up between two oak trees that read “Make America Great Again,” and a bunch of those temporary electioneering signs dotted all around. It was notable mostly because they went up after election day, not before. Our district went 90% Clinton, so Trump supporters were definitely in the minority.

Well, the signs are now gone. I can only assume the guy took them down out of embarrassment.

5 Likes

This can’t be a real name.

5 Likes

We may have to start a thread…

6 Likes

It’s a weird dichotomy: the individualism mythos is highest in those who crave an authoritarian government.

10 Likes

Well, yeah, that’s the part of the allure of a Free Market Libertarian–being the one who gets to have the individualist freedom to set the rules for other people, because “I know better than they do”.

7 Likes

Although for most voters, it’s buying into that idea while being one of the peons with the dream of one day being an overlord (against all realistic scenarios).

6 Likes
4 Likes

He was Michigan lieutenant governor in the early 2000s, and has been a sucker bet in death pools ever since.

3 Likes

Even after reading the press release I googled it to make sure. Go figure.

1 Like

7 Likes

Is that representative of Breitbart video? I’ve seen better interviews and editing done by middle-schoolers.

7 Likes

Right?!

It rekindles my occasional glimmer of hope that this whole gang of miscreants are such incompetent nincompoops that they’re simply going to implode, right at the same moment that they’re falling off the stage en masse.

9 Likes

Yeah, the 12-dimensional chess theories are looking a bit sketchy right now.

10 Likes

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/raucous-utah-town-hall-blasts-gop-representative-chaffetz_us_589d2d80e4b094a129e9ac7c?

Maybe this is why the door creaked open on Conway…

10 Likes

Or maybe that’s exactly what they want you to think.

Queen to B-8-g-IV-%-viii-:clubs:-purple-tuesday-Antarctica-wrath-Great Wall of China. Check.

9 Likes

Totally real name. This is the least harmful position he’s been handed in Michigan government since I moved here.

4 Likes

I’m not convinced that that isn’t a Tim & Eric skit.

3 Likes