Generic 2018 U.S. Election Cycle Recycling Bin

I think it’s a perfect example of the maxim: sunlight is the greatest disinfectant.

In the shadows, they seem scary…in the public limelight, they’re exposed as the two-bit hucksters they are.

10 Likes

Yes. Reminds me also of the common images of a naked, sagging, slovenly Trump. Such an apt representation of his apparent mindset and beliefs.

And also of how I hope we get to see him soon right after someone dumps a bucket of water over that obsessively bizarrely coiffed combover!

4 Likes

5 Likes

Isn’t this exactly as expected? The victims of con artists will double-down rather than admit they’ve been had. And proving an authoritarian wrong just makes them more determined in their stance.

11 Likes

Oh, I’m not surprised in the slightest. Any Democrat that votes with Trump gets deservedly crucified and I’d imagine the opposite is true for Republicans.

Doesn’t bode well for a functional legislative branch, though. Maybe a 2 party system and a partisan executive is a crap idea?

The next round of primaries might be interesting.

7 Likes

Proposals flowed. Some sought to use tax breaks to create health savings accounts. One senator lobbed the idea of offering the working poor tax incentives if they use a life coach to motivate them to get higher-paying jobs. None of the proposals caught on.

And this:

“When government continues to step in, we take the responsibility away from churches or friends helping each other,” Lodge said. “We’ve lost the human element. Government has no heart. It has no soul. It just cares about numbers. People care about people.”

10 Likes

You’d almost think they either are fully unaware of the Constitution or don’t believe that we have a Constitutional government.

11 Likes

So we should leave healthcare to churches and friends?!

Fucking hell, that reflexive rejection of Big Gubmint, even by career politicians who’ve fought their way into positions IN government, is such an infuriating symptom of the current American pathology.

14 Likes

Also this:

Democrats pushed back on the primary-care plan because they felt it didn’t go far enough to address health-care needs, nor did it address a shortage of doctors in rural parts of the states. Conservative Republicans battled moderates, too. They were unsure about doing anything that could make Obamacare look like a success.

Just… there’s a level of psychopathy to this spitefulness that I literally cannot comprehend.

16 Likes

Aside from a fundamental, selfish childishness, I think it’s one of many symptoms of increasing republican desperation. They know that demographically and ideologically, they’re a fading party, so subterfuge and dirty tricks (including the obfuscation of reducing all details of the ACA to “Obamacare,” and thus to one Kenyan usurper) seem all that much more justified as tactics toward gaining and maintaining power.

6 Likes

Did Trump put this in one of his books or seminars, how to handshake-jerk to wrong-foot the other fellow?

1 Like

I’d have said he’s, what, 15 years older than that?

4 Likes

At least.

If that’s actually legit; then man, does he look like utter shit for his age…

7 Likes

Wiki does indeed say Feb 11, 1974. Maybe the chemtrails have prematurely aged him?

5 Likes

Maybe hatred combined with insanity and greed are bad for one’s looks?

10 Likes
5 Likes

5 Likes

He’s only a few months older than I am:

Although that was from a few years ago, shortly pre-collapse; this is now:

I’m notably lacking in greed, and I try not to be too hateful, but there’s no shortage of crazy. And it does affect your appearance. :frowning:

12 Likes

Wow. The wiki was right there in front of us all along but nobody thought to check?

I need to go back to my safe space for a moment.

I think it needs to be a gif to enjoy in all its looping glory. Forever.

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/mattyglesias/status/830968975546839040

2 Likes