Generic 2018 U.S. Election Cycle Recycling Bin

A: Not very. After all, he’s a Dem. And a comfy establishment one at that.

6 Likes

You can fix things.

But they won’t fix themselves; you have to make them happen.

5 Likes
7 Likes

They’ll appeal it all the way to the Supremes, and Roberts/Alito/Thomas/Gorsuch will declare Klan-based policies to be in accord with the intent of the founders. Nothing personal, just strict constructionalism.

Of course, if they find anything that threatens corporate profits, that will obviously require a complete reinterpretation of the Constitution.

6 Likes

Didn’t someone somewhere else post the redistricting legislation that is pending in the GA legislature? If not, here it is.

9 Likes

Repeating: if you’re expecting a democratic fix to this, then you’d better be organising a massive increase in typical voter turnout.

Business-as-usual won’t cut it. Your electoral system has been hacked.

7 Likes

Historically, there has never been a period where this sort of political “hacking” wasn’t common in American politics, though. This is why we have such low voter turn out.

4 Likes

This is the Democratic one that was voided.

What is this shit? How can this be a district?

The two Republican ones look a little more like they might represent an actual community, but still…

9 Likes

Because white people, that’s why. God forbid they have to share any political power with people who look different from them.

10 Likes

There’s like five people in that bottom district

1 Like

Weirdly, there’s 750K, apparently.

Also looks like it’s a swing district. So the redistricting was really trying to cling to this one.

And they got dinged for the same shit in 2006.

4 Likes

Probably all of them in metro San Antonio and metro El Paso.

Big Bend is in this district, along with a hell of a lot of cattle land. Loving County (population 112) is in this district.

These districts all look like attempts to connect the “brown” parts of major cities with a bunch of nothing in between.

4 Likes

Yes but you’re the actual historian actually on the scene, not me. The more coverage the better. :thumbsup:

3 Likes

Don’t call it Trumpcare? Okay… How about DonCare?

The Republican’s DonCare for you.

9 Likes

Agreed. I knew I read it here before!

3 Likes

http://www.whidbeynewstimes.com/news/citys-mayor-puts-price-on-press-access-to-city-attorney/

Ah, local politics.

This guy seems like a winner.

http://www.southwhidbeyrecord.com/news/langley-mayor-may-resign-if-sanctuary-city-vote-is-okd/

3 Likes

9 Likes

Can we get that in writing?

4 Likes

Meet my GOP district:

5 Likes

Seems legit.

5 Likes