Gentleman arrested at airport with 80 pounds of marijuana disguised as holiday gifts

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/12/17/gentleman-arrested-at-airport.html

2 Likes

80lbs of Mary Jane can still be a holiday gift. Don’t let’s be hasty.

29 Likes

Gentleman arrested at airport with 80 pounds of marijuana disguised that were holiday gifts to himself

FTFY

10 Likes

80 pounds of marijuana

That’s for personal use, I’ve known stoners that can torch that weight in a week or two…

11 Likes

(Pictured)

The_Grinch

28 Likes

Next time he will call Hertz car rental and drive over 2 days. Then fly back.

9 Likes

Yeah, that’s what I call flying.

6 Likes

Lesson to perps: If you want to fly with weed, fly out of Seattle, they apparently don’t give a shit.

6 Likes

Why not just FedEx it?

2 Likes

A fly/drive vacation, as it were.

2 Likes

Tis the season to be jolly indeed!

1 Like

Temmeraj allowed officers to search the bags

Don’t consent to search. I know that it probably wouldn’t help in an airport, but if they are asking there is a non-zero chance that it will.

2 Likes

I wonder if TSA/cops will see that a portion of the haul gets… re-gifted.

1 Like

Bad idea. I know someone that used to ship out of state from Colorado. This was about five years back when only medical was legal here. FedEx checks their packages and my friend ended up getting a call from the police. Thankfully it was less than an ounce and a first offense, so it was just a fine. If you’re going to do it, I guess try fake names and a random return address that isn’t yours. I’m partial to the pseudonym Mike Easter and Piekov Andropov (thanks CarTalk!)

2 Likes
2 Likes

That has to be some expensive fuckin’ weed. I don’t think I could smoke forty grand of crack in a month.

5 Likes

If he’s smoking that much weed in a month, his lungs must be solid blocks of resin.

2 Likes

Blueboxing using stamps in 13oz packages is the most reliable way, or so I’m told.

1 Like

And how much on pizza?

4 Likes

No officer this is just my “Christmas tree”

1 Like