Gentleman discovers fossilized grizzly bear on Mars

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2016/11/08/gentleman-discovers-fossilized.html

8 Likes

13 Likes

That guy looks a fair bit like a fossilized grizzly bear himself, using the same measures described in the article: curly, dark hair; a lighter-colored face; and white teeth in contrast to the rest of the picture.

4 Likes

But was it an authentic naturally curly grizzly, or merely a grizzly with a perm?

6 Likes

This dude has way too much free time.

3 Likes

15 Likes

I thought it looked like a landing pad for alien spaceships.

2 Likes

Bears discover fire, the principles of propulsion, and orbital mechanics - Terry Bisson

5 Likes

Mars Needs Women Honey

13 Likes

That guy’s an idiot! That ain’t no bear! It’s obviously a badger!

13 Likes

Now I have partially a song in my head. Help, past bedtime. What and who?

1 Like
3 Likes

Martian Badger Don’t Care

2 Likes
2 Likes

It’s in the Daily Star, so I can only assume that they have used up their tits quota for the week.

5 Likes

11 Likes

I just want to point out that the credential process and vetting for “Alien Hunters” is a sad second to “Martian Bear Biologists”. One noted “Martian Bear Biologist” was quoted as saying: Go home “Alien Hunter” you are drunk and couldn’t correctly identify a martian bear if it was mauling you.

5 Likes

Dammit. There goes our only reason for going to Mars: no killer bears.

9 Likes

I don’t want to ask, but I have to know, is the quota an even number?

5 Likes

A wonderfully turgid film that one. At least that one was not a remake of earlier movies like his other made for tv produced by Roger Corman films.

1 Like