Gentleman who left DNA on half-eaten sausage at crime scene caught 9 years later

Originally published at: Gentleman who left DNA on half-eaten sausage at crime scene caught 9 years later | Boing Boing

4 Likes

The connection was made after French police took a DNA sample

They seem to take DNA testing for criminal cases very seriously in France. Good.

9 Likes

This guy is the wurst criminal.

23 Likes

From what I’ve heard from everyone I know who’s been robbed, it seems that burglars just love taking a little time out from their thieving to grab a small bite of food (never the whole thing) or to take a dump (never flushing). I’ve always taken it as an added “up yours” to the victims, adding to a real sense of violation. I hope stories like this make crooks think twice about it, but crooks being crooks they’ll likely end up like this doofus.

A real brat.

18 Likes

Well Done Bravo GIF by Friends

10 Likes

Wait, you missed the best bit…
They identified his DNA via his father’s, which was on record.

He’s a real chipolata off the old block.

11 Likes

To be frank- this guy clearly made some bad saucisses (choices)… I’ll see myself out

7 Likes

… and when the cops arrested him they said they had him ‘bangers to rights’

They may also have said “we’re The Sweeney, son, and we haven’t had any dinner” - but that would have been pies. (Flying Squad, Sweeney Todd - humanitarian pie-maker.)

4 Likes

Knack it off.

9 Likes

Indeed, it was such a bad pun that the author deserved Toulouse.

6 Likes

By day, it’s a lowly sausage, but by night, it fights crime!

7 Likes

A silly sausage.

3 Likes

Sure is. And unlikely ever to be cured.

8 Likes

I’ve provided DNA samples via a hard sausage before.

Hey-ooo! :joy:

6 Likes

This is the most Albanian-German + French Police thing ever.

This is a Pink Panther movie.

That includes the ending: “However, the statute of limitations on the burglary has expired, meaning the suspect is unlikely to be extradited to Germany. Schwelm police said the suspect remains free.”

5 Likes

Wiener-snitcher.

4 Likes

Pulp Fiction had both in the same scene!

6 Likes

DNA dogs mystery-bag muncher. Forensics solved the missing link but there was one small snag - the Statute of Limitation calls the charge baloney.

4 Likes

5 Likes

Police: We always knew he would be back for the other half. All we had to do was wait.

3 Likes