Gentleman with violent history shoots himself in the leg, which sends him to jail

Originally published at: Gentleman with violent history shoots himself in the leg, which sends him to jail | Boing Boing

5 Likes

Stand your ground?

13 Likes

'fraid he hasn’t a leg to stand on!

16 Likes

was uncooperative with investigators

Invoked his right to silence?

6 Likes

Gentleman with violent history shoots himself in the leg

But he was aiming for his foot, close just no banana.

9 Likes

he just wasn’t looking?

8 Likes

That’s what I came here to say. Yahoo’s article says: he refused to cooperate with investigators. To me, that means he was not talking to the cops, which is a constitutional right, and generally the right thing to do (not withstanding the current situation of this “gentleman”). It’s a lot like when cops are trying to handcuff someone and they loudly whine Stop resisting! Or when they feel they are scared for their lives and shoot unarmed 12 year old kids in the back.

8 Likes

“Maintaining a common nuisance” intrigued me; it turns out to basically mean operating a drug den, even if you aren’t doing the selling.

8 Likes

Journalists reproducing the police press release verbatim is an all too common thing these days. And I sympatise a little, as they’re paid per click they have to churn out high numbers of poor quality articles just to make a living

2 Likes

For his next trick the gentleman is going to sue himself for damages. The NRA is granting him a good citizen award for getting a dangerous person off the streets. And for what it’s worth (not much) he also plans to sue Mensa for not getting his letter regarding membership.

6 Likes

Was it the urban pokey, or the more rural hokey pokey? Inquiring minds want to know.

That’s rough. If he’s stuck at the latter type facility, how will he turn himself around?

Me, too, thanks for explaining. I assumed it must mean he had an annoying dog or something. Or maybe bred mosquitos in the yard. This makes more sense.

8 Likes

“Conversion” was new to me. Apparently it means theft

8 Likes

So, is “conversion therapy” just shoplifting?
(Looks it up.)
Nope. Nope. It’s a different thing. Way worse.

10 Likes

None of those except the gun sound like serious crimes to me.

1 Like

This is what happens when you have an itch you can’t scratch. Sounds like he always wanted to be a pirate.

4 Likes

If only there was a good guy with a gun nearby when it happened. /s

5 Likes

Gentleman with violent history shoots himself in the leg, which sends him to jail

The leg that he shot sent him to jail?

8 Likes

Doesn’t seem to be worth 6 years in prison - oh wait, America!

4 Likes

OMFG!
What a monster!
He obviously needs to be put to sleep!

A plea deal, eh? So, the DA gets another notch & more mulch for the Grinder.

Oh, the humanity!
How many people did this beast kill?

Not seeing a body count here…
Besides, the first is probably very common in some locales, the nature & quantity of the ‘drug’ isn’t mentioned, and ‘a common nuisance’ seems like pretty thin gravy to warrant a felony.

So, was he a thief or a religionist, or what?

Lots of people with licenses can’t drive worth a damn, so…

The Horror!

‘Battery’ could mean breathing on the fragile PoPo & ‘resisting’ is kind of a go-to they use.
Anyway:

As @RadioSilence mentioned, just demanding your rights counts as being ‘uncooperative’.

Almost seems like Retaliation to me… for not ‘cooperating’ properly.
After reading this rap sheet, the only violence alleged to have been committed was supposedly visited upon the cops and no one else.

If we had a Justice System worthy of the name, we wouldn’t have the levels of recidivism that we do, because we wouldn’t have the need for so many prisons. TBH, I see little in his rap sheet that justifies prison time.
Dude needs therapy, instead & it would be cheaper than prison.

1 Like

This is a rare Lesser Spotted or Uncommon Nuisance. They are difficult to maintian.

So it is “conversion” of your stuff in to my stuff?

That paint ain’t gonna mix itself. #prisonindustrialcomplex

2 Likes