George Conway tells Nikki Haley how to beat "deteriorating" Trump at his own game (video)

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/01/25/george-conway-gives-nikki-haley-a-strategy-to-beat-deteriorating-trump-at-his-own-game-video.html

4 Likes

If they want prod Trump further over the edge, go for it.

Just so long as a sinkhole swallows them all in the end.

23 Likes

Trying to drive him nuts is just fine by me.

10 Likes

I’m in no way convinced of this at all. He’s been actively narcissistic for decades and his recent years of being surrounded by boot lickers has likely only heightened his inflated self-perception.

16 Likes

Ah, yes, grade school clique rules.

12 Likes

Yeah, he probably does think he’s a stable genius. But he gets incredibly triggered by the idea that anyone else out there might doubt it.

10 Likes

Someone missed an easy, alliterative nickname: “Deteriorating Don”.

10 Likes

He’s already nuts.
Is nutser a word?

I want it to be a word.

5 Likes

I’ve been seeing Dementia Don doing the rounds.

12 Likes

It’s the one that’s going to stick.

I am no fan of elementary school level name calling or any other dirty politics chicanery that has become so prevalent in the current toxicity that is US political campaigning, but ya can’t fling a firehose of shit around without getting any on yourself - 45 set the stage for this.

16 Likes

Of course, she’s not going to do this, because she doesn’t want to alienate Trump or his voters (and alienating Trump eventually causes him to lash out at you and turn his supporters against you, so they become the same thing). Granted, just by running, she’s already alienated Trump, but…

True, but at the same time, one can know things on different levels. He may not consciously admit certain things, but he’s also clearly haunted by the truth. If he fully believed in his own persona, he’d not be so incredibly insecure. That insecurity comes from being aware - even unconsciously - of the enormous gulf between how he presents himself and what he knows himself, deep down, to be.

12 Likes

Because in the GOP, it’s not about policies or how to make America great. It’s about who can inflict the most amount of pain onto the others…

…and then on the rest of the country, once they’re done with each other.

7 Likes

THAT PART.

Somewhere, deep down in the primitive ‘lizard brain’ area, he knows that he’s severely lacking.

It’s why he never stops aggrandizing how “wonderful” he is; he’s trying desperately to make it true.

13 Likes

I feel like this sums up the entirety of Trump - he’s always, in everything he does, desperately trying to will forth a new reality in which he’s a different person, all events actually went his way, his understanding of facts is the correct one, everyone loves him (except for a few sick people)… He has to be aware of reality, to some degree, in order to so deliberately try to create an alternate one.

5 Likes

I concur.

If he were completely checked out, he wouldn’t get so incredibly mad at everything that doesn’t conform to his grandiose view of himself.

10 Likes

“The GOP is a failed state, and Donald Trump is its warlord.”

You wanna fight the warlord, you gotta fight him at his own game. Except his grip on the party is almost complete-- as Cheney and Kinzinger showed, criticizing The Donald too hard means being a castoff.

Haley may have the power to finally split the party if she can weaken Trump and/or beat him in enough primaries.

3 Likes

Conway isn’t wrong here. You don’t fight a personality cult with facts, logic, or even policy. That’s totally missing the point.

3 Likes

Doddering Donald. Has a nice ring to it but may need too much explanation.

3 Likes

Is Dementia Don throwing a Trumper Tantrum?

I think for a lot of people the word “tantrum” evokes thoughts of a toddler having a meltdown (in the aisle of a grocery store, perhaps) so it might make people associate him with the maturity level of a toddler.

8 Likes

I think the Conway interview was pretty unimpressive. Essentially he places his own agenda of messing with Trump’s mind right at the center of things, without a shred of evidence that it’s working.

1 Like