“He’s totally unhinged” Haley finally takes on Trump

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/01/26/hes-totally-unhinged-haley-finally-takes-on-trump.html

7 Likes

“Unhinged” is a description that’s been used about him for eight years or more, by now. It makes no impression on the public, it rolls off the back of fans as “fake news”, and Trump sees it as a triumph - that he’s getting under his enemies nerves. How about a term that might lead to deeper Trump annoyance and a better metaphorical discussion in the press? Maybe “broken”. Damaged, can’t function properly, can’t do at whatever it was meant to do.

10 Likes

It was more effective to say “fake news” when it was only the left saying it. Now that the call is coming from inside the house, it should be a little harder to just hand-wave it away.

Of course that assumes logic and reason matter.

8 Likes

Anyone on the right can just be dismissed as a RINO. There’s only one Scotsman, and he’s orange.

12 Likes

Can someone please tell me why the hell Ronna is nicknamed Salacious Crumb?

2 Likes

Perhaps we need to cut him some slack.

Who else wouldn’t be acting a little unhinged when they are about to lose hundreds of millions of dollars due to their shitty behaviour? He may as well double down as it can’t get any worse.

3 Likes

“loser” and “not really rich” seem to be the things that really get him riled.

14 Likes

“FAILING Donald Trump is losing it because he knows he’s going to be BANKRUPT when the courts have finished with him! He can’t outrun the “FAKE LITIGATION” forever! His crimes will catch up with him! What a LOSER!”

/s

12 Likes

Because she’s a cackling semisapient toady who sits at the right hand of a disgusting crime lord.

Though she’s not the only person who has been likened to the character.

trump-jabba

12 Likes

Does Secret Service protection start only after the nomination or will they protect also Haley?
Because if Trump is unhinged, his supporters miss also the doorframe and most of the wall, and Trump will not esitate to instigate some lunatic to harm her.

I agree with the mutants here saying that calling him unhinged or a liar won’t move the needle. You need to make Trump look weak. Imply that he has lost control of his sphincter, that he’s an easily confused old man, and that he’s a loser and almost all the candidates he’s backed were losers. Remind everyone that he’s probably going to lose in court, and he was too weak to build more than a token stretch of border wall while the Mexicans laughed and paid nothing.

12 Likes

The Short Fingered Vulgarian

2 Likes

The time for this strategy was the day she announced for POTUS. Not sure it would have ever worked but it’s pretty clear that no other strategy could have worked given the current state of the GOP.

She has no conceivable future in the GOP. So she is now – and I don’t even mean this as a criticism – doing some performative throat-clearing against Trump so she can get back on the crony capitalist bandwagon of serving on corporate boards. Plenty for Fortune 500 companies will be lining up to hire her.

10 Likes

Fucking hell, I tried to read that article, and the quotes of him gave me a headache. I can’t at all follow his train of… let’s call it thought. Before, I just couldn’t stand hearing him, now my allergy has progressed to the written word, apparently.

5 Likes

Yep. She has to ditch invective and lay down simplified (for the Trump dullards) specifics about his legal issues and his well-documented failures. Right-wing media for the much greater part only offer up Trump’s lies. Will that work? Who knows, but worth a try, dammit!

5 Likes

I wonder how long it will take for the GOP to work their way around to the most palatable of the evils, or at least whichever has the greatest chance of not getting laughed out of the polling places. None of the Trump spinoff hench seem to be any more interesting than Loser J. Trump.

2 Likes

sloth no GIF

He can get fucked. And hopefully go to jail for trying to break the fucking country.

16 Likes

There’s a better than 50% chance that Trump will completely decompensate in the next six months. And no one will get him help.

6 Likes

He just lost $84M in punitive damages for the defamation case. He’ll probably never pay it, though.

The only crumb of comfort I glean from the whole sorry debacle of the primaries is that once Trump dies – which will eventually happen because everyone dies – there will be no successor because he has trashed them all.

3 Likes

Dump is “totally unhinged” and yet “I would pardon him if I won.” Haley said she’d pardon the POS a couple weeks ago. Great.

There are more levels of unhinged than I’d dreamt of in my philosophy, Horatio.

6 Likes