George Miller reportedly to begin shooting Fury Road sequel this fall

“sometime in the late Fall”
In Australia.
Does GWW mean May, or November?

Well if Warner Bros are still involved, look at the money they threw/are throwing at denis villeneuve for Blade Runner and Dune and seemingly let the director do what he wants. I’d hope the success of MMFR would let them do the same.

From the article:
Before pre-production officially begins on the film, Miller will direct ‘Three Thousand Years of Longing,’ starring Idris Elba and Tilda Swinton, starting this March.

So I would assume Fall in Northern Hemisphere.

1 Like

Came here to ask that too!

Which isn’t relevant if filming is in Australia or Namibia.

Honestly not driving trollies (not that I ever would!), but I identify with that description too. It was spectacular and cinematic, but that alone isn’t sufficient. Like @Wanderfound, I was disappointed by the underdeveloped (or understated?) worldbuilding.
I suspect those already into dieselpunk would get more from it, possibly because they’d get the shorthand of the genre conventions.

I totally respect the views of others, but I’m not automatically up for a sequel.

It appears that the site reporting this has a US centric view (despite their name being “world wide”) If he is filming another film in March and pre-production for something like a Mad Max film would be siginficant, it stands to reason that it would not be filming until October/November.

And where do the Witches of Eastwick fit in?

1 Like

First there were the oil wars…

2 Likes

He also directed Happy Feet

6 Likes

I can see why someone not into practical effects and outrageous demolition derbies wouldn’t find much interest in Fury Road. For myself, that was the selling point, without which it would have bored. I will certainly agree however that the first two films were different creatures, with their focus being good storytelling…

4 Likes

I’m just stopping by to show off our Halloween costumes.

14 Likes

the crashes ARE the world building

2 Likes

Oh neither am I. But I’m definitely manually up for one. :laughing:

9 Likes

World disassembling?

2 Likes

Please not the cargo cult kids, tho.

Riddley Walker is a great book, but it needs its own proper big-screen treatment.

1 Like

p…l…o…t…puh lott… plot…?

What is this plot of which you speak? From the before times is it?

Plot and mad Max? You expect too much.

I wonder what two actors would make the best pair to play a new Master Blaster?

2 Likes

Penn and Teller.

5 Likes

When (post-apocalyptic) pigs fly:

1 Like

Dwayne Johnson and Kevin Hart

1 Like

As if Kevin Hart could carry Dwayne Johnson on his shoulders for any extended period of time. :roll_eyes:

6 Likes

Kevin-Hart-Gifs-1

4 Likes