George Miller reportedly to begin shooting Fury Road sequel this fall

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/02/07/george-miller-reportedly-to-be.html

5 Likes

Can we make sure Immortan Trump is really dead this time?

13 Likes

Mad Max director, George Miller, has resolved his legal issues with Warner Bros. which were holding him back from filming the follow-up to Mad Max: Fury Road .

10 Likes

Oh man I hope they bring back Tina Turner for the next one.

8 Likes

But when will he start filming the next Babe movie?

I honestly think Pig in the City is tied with Fury Road for the title of Miller’s best work, and I want more!

7 Likes

There were rumors of a Furiosa stand alone with Charlize Theron, but I can not recall if that was supposed to be the next in the series or a separate spin off.

3 Likes

I’m a little old for a “half-life boy” part, but I’m willing to try.

5 Likes

Maybe a crossover movie in which warring tribes in a post-apocalyptic landscape battle for the last known supply of Lorenzo’s Oil.

6 Likes

FUCK YESSSSS!!! MOAR PLZ! woohoooooo

4 Likes

I’m apparently the only person in the world who found Fury Road dull (too much spectacle, not enough plot, irritatingly overdone lighting and camerawork). I much prefer the first two films over the later pair.

3 Likes

I had no idea Lorenzo’s Oil was directed my Miller. Huh! The dude has range, for sure!

3 Likes

Everyone has different taste, and while I adore Fury Road, I certainly respect your view, even if I don’t share it.

But… dull? That’s certainly not how I would describe it, even in the context of a reasonable critique.

5 Likes

I’ve never been much into special effects or stunts. I liked the early films for the aesthetics and worldbuilding, not the crashes.

Fury Road, to me, was mostly just one tedious crash scene after another. Interspersed with some clunky dialogue and implausible and underdeveloped worldbuilding.

4 Likes

19 Likes

At least in the film, we are likely to see the ridiculous villain brought down by his own hubris, even if it eludes is in life.

3 Likes

I like to imagine all his movies take place within the same narrative universe. For example, the “Pig Killer” from Beyond Thunderdome is actually the guy who eventually takes down Babe.

6 Likes

Reality right now is too close to that fiction for my comfort.

9 Likes

And we’re finally having some decent rain here! Maybe he’ll have to go film in Namibia again.

1 Like

LOL did you watch the Wonkapiercer video?! I love cross-film conjecture heheheh

2 Likes

please for the love of god, don’t let movie execs anywhere near the movie.

I swear so many great films were made recently because movie execs thought it’s not worth it to intervene.

2 Likes