George Santos' call for energy independence is a pipeline dream from a proven fibber

Originally published at: George Santos' call for energy independence is a pipeline dream from a proven fibber | Boing Boing

1 Like

On today’s episode of Fox’s new TV show gQp Punks America

6 Likes

You want energy independence?

Stop subsidizing the oil companies and use the money to put solar arrays on every home that wants one.

15 Likes

Sorry, George, even the corrupt and dirty oil industry won’t be your friend.

3 Likes

you know, i had a very extensive role in the gas and oil in this country, too. but then i bought an EV.

9 Likes

Ditto. I did, until I didn’t. It’s nice.

2 Likes

Well, he is slimy and full of gas.

8 Likes

Everyone who is actually in this industry always uses the standard idiom “oil and gas”…not “gas and oil”.

It’s like someone who says “pepper and salt” or “glove in hand”. You immediately know they’re not from around here.

6 Likes

This is good evidence that he really is a compulsive liar. He must be aware that at this point that his background and job history are public knowledge, so he knows that we know he never did those things. Yet he still has to say it. He can’t help himself. And given that he’s saying things like this now, so soon after taking office while under scrutiny for lying, just imagine what the rest of his term (however long that turns out to be) will be like. Any time he’s allowed to speak publicly (i.e. in congress, to right-wing media outlets that won’t challenge him, etc.), he’ll be telling weird lies about the subjects at hand. I suspect the only response of his party will be to try to eliminate his opportunities to speak in public…

4 Likes

It would be great if for the next two years someone asked him at every public event: “Yes, [this thing you’ve been speaking about] sounds great, but given your track record of lying, why would anyone believe this.” Rotate questioners so he never knows who it will come from.

7 Likes

I foresee John Lovett playing him on SNL.

4 Likes

Santos saying he should get to stay in office because he got the votes even if by lying is me saying I should get to keep the money even if I got it by robbing the bank.

3 Likes

I wonder what would happen if ‘George Santos’ & Lord Dampnut were to have a conversation.

We should immediately honor any extradition requests they make for him & their former president.
In the case of the latter, we should offer to send Lord Dampnut along as an accomplice/material witness.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.