George Takei: "They interned my family. Don’t let them do it to Muslims."

The worst part is that I feel that many Trumpeteers would rally behind this policy for the simple reason that it pisses off liberals.

What a time to be alive!

29 Likes

“This is probably OK, and … at least we’ll be OK, right? And really, what can we do about it?”

3 Likes

Who will replace Jeff Sessions in the Senate? Someone saner? (I guess not)

Slightly O/T, but still Senate-y - is there a chance that the Democrat vote might turn up to win the Louisiana Senate run-off in general horror at what’s going on?

7 Likes

If there’s any possible way to do this, I intend to as well. But I suspect that there will be safeguards through a documentation requirement to prevent false registration, such as e.g. the presentation of a foreign passport or verification of visa.

1 Like

No, we can do it better! This time, the camps will be contracted out to privately run companies, with non-union guards. None of that silly big-government waste in our mass relocation camps these days!

18 Likes

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-11-09/private-prison-stocks-are-surging-after-trump-s-win

21 Likes

IMHO let’s stop talking about Trump. Let’s start talking about the fact that America is about to get a fascist regime.

Call a spade a spade.

8 Likes

If you haven’t seen Trumbo, it’s worth a viewing.

6 Likes

Just make sure you see the period piece starring Bryan Cranston and not the animated family film of the same title.

14 Likes

Sanders will.

5 Likes

Let’s both hope he’s at the front of a very large pack.

4 Likes

I doubt it, anyone can convert to the Muslim faith regardless of race, culture or heritage. If people wanted to practice civil disobedience and also make it hard for the government to track Muslims they could do “mass conversions”.

13 Likes

I’m in that pack right now.

2 Likes

We are well past the point where “this could never happen here”, and we’ll be better served to act as “its on its way if we don’t stop it”.

10 Likes

Never talk about doing things like this until the people who suffered through it are all dead. Rookie mistake.

10 Likes

I was thinking a pack of elected lawmakers that would vote down any stupid/illegal/immoral shit coming out of trump’s parade of horrors, but hey, I’m down with that.

5 Likes

We really need an “angry face shedding a teardrop” button next to the “heart” button on the bbs at this point…

26 Likes

I think we already know that there are not enough elected officials to stand against shit like this if Trump is going to work with Repubs, or rather if Trump is going to be a push-over to the Alt-right and the Repubs too spineless to oppose them.

2 Likes

Failing that, I would hope that even the most authoritarian member of the SCOTUS would recognize that this kind of thing is blatantly unconstitutional and rule accordingly.

5 Likes

Except that the proposal, as I understand it, is not to register all Muslims (at least, for now), it’s to register Muslim immigrants, for whom there would be a documentation trail.

2 Likes