George Zimmerman to auction the gun he used to kill Trayvon Martin

He’s had his 15 minutes. Let’s not pay him any more attention.

3 Likes

I have always thought that Zimmerman could really capitalize on his fame by hiring a speech writer and touring the country. I would expect that every dentally challenged racist redneck around would pay a few bucks to see their hero.

2 Likes

Florida gentleman par excellence.

3 Likes

Surely 15-to-life would be more appropriate.

18 Likes

I recall the same thing said repeatedly of Trump. Not just last fall, but over the last several election cycles.

5 Likes

I am going to guess that he was never a normal person. I mean, a neighborhood watch is a good idea in theory, but there is always a good chance that someone will show up who is way too enthusiastic about the whole idea. I obviously do not know the guy, but I get a scary vibe from him.

4 Likes

Well yes, you normally get your property back after being found not guilty.

That being said, ol’ Zim needs to learn the meaning of “low profile.”

6 Likes

oh, i totally agree, but with all the butt plug talk, i just couldn’t resist.

1 Like

If they had only listened

2 Likes

News stories like this are why I don’t bother reading The Onion anymore.

18 Likes

A murderer, a physically abusive boyfriend, a racist icon, a disgusting opportunist AND a bald-faced liar:

Mr. Zimmerman said in the listing that “many have expressed interest in owning and displaying the firearm,” including the Smithsonian Institution.

But the institution said that was not the case. “The Smithsonian has never expressed interest in collecting George Zimmerman’s firearm. The Smithsonian has no plans to ever collect or display this object in any of its museums,” the institution said Thursday in a statement.

This guy just gets classier and classier.

20 Likes

An artist should purchase the gun, sculpt a limp hoodied Trayvon to pin to it and display (and sell prints of) it as our 21st century American crucifix

1 Like

The company hosting the auction (which I refuse to link to) used to sell targets designed to resemble Trayvon on their web site. I don’t get the impression that they were intended to honor his memory.

9 Likes

#FTFY 

15 Likes

It’s like he’s actively trying to prove a mistake was made in acquitting him. I mean, obviously I think it was a miscarriage of justice, but he seems determined to ensure the world knows it as well.

14 Likes

I’d pay to see him bite the head off a chicken.

6 Likes

So that Confederate flag? The Confederate Constitution didn’t have any amendments. (The Bill of Rights did get largely incorporated into the main body of it.)
Also, of course, Zimmerman didn’t use his weapon to protect his First Amendment rights from a tyrannical government or invading Indian tribes, he used it to murder a kid who looked suspicious.

14 Likes

I was worried that after the sale of this gun, his money stream might run out. But, no, he still has plenty else to auction off-

• 2005 restraining order
  • 2013 gun he used to threaten his wife
  • 2013 smashed ipod in domestic altercation
  • 2013 shotgun he pointed at his girlfriend
  • 2013 girlfriend’s broken stuff
  • 2015 bottle of wine he threw at girlfriend…
13 Likes

UPDATE: CBC News is running a “Developing” headline saying “Gun Used In Travon Martin Killing No Longer On Auction Site.”

The headline still links to the old story about the auction.

Edit: The story is updated now.

CBC: Gun used to kill Trayvon Martin removed from online auction

It was not immediately clear why the website, GunBroker.com, took down the listing.

Riiight.

6 Likes

Uhhh. . . didn’t Zimmerman claim he wasn’t racist as part of his defense during the trial?

So as proof of that he paints Confederate battle flags, and vows to fight Black Lives Matter?

21 Likes