Georgia boss Marjorie Taylor Greene says GOP's "five families" meet with Kevin McCarthy every week

‘Both sides’ isn’t even a remotely viable argument, especially the more openly fascist the GQP gets.

16 Likes

Kenan Thompson Reaction GIF by Saturday Night Live

11 Likes

So, this is an admission in public that she is part of a conspiracy, which means if any of them are caught committing a crime, it’s automatically a RICO case, right? Heck, considering the lawsuits going around, I’d bet at least one of the attendees is open to discovery for any associated emails, transcripts, and so on. Thanks for letting the prosecutors know, Marj, are there any other crimes you’d like to confess to, or additional evidence you’d like submit to the DOJ while you’re at it?

11 Likes

0_o What are you talking about? Weird language aside, I am sure there are several groups, squads, if you will, who get together to form coalitions and unite on points to govern. That’s how bills get started up half the time.

Sure, they are all goons, but meeting about what shit laws they want to try to pass is technically their job. If one of them goes on to commit a crime, that doesn’t automatically lead back to some conspiracy with the group.

That Popehat guy famously says, “It’s not RICO. It’s never RICO.” based on how often that gets thrown out as a charge, but how it is very complicated and hard to actually use it.

1 Like

The GOP is now only concerned with consolidation of power and keeping each other out of prison.

7 Likes

FYI It’s now DoneHat…

6 Likes

Aw - RIP.

2 Likes

Its ok he’s still Popehat on the others.

6 Likes

If Popehat left Twitter, that’s a GOOD thing.

11 Likes

It’s wrong that you think it’s “horrible,” maybe…

monty python and there was much rejoicing GIF

7 Likes

While it wouldn’t be RICO, it could still be conspiracy if, for example, they discussed shutting down the Jan 6 hearings in order to supress evidence of a crime, or to discuss various members of the group who are in legal jeopardy and how to onstruct proceedings to keep them clear of prosecution. These are very mob-like activities and definitely not within the purview of legitimate legislative activities.

Better yet, you just know McCarthy records everything in his own office. He’s exactly as smart as they guy who likes to have dirt on his underlings in order to blackmail them into doing what he wants and exactly as dumb as the guy who records his own criminal conspiracy.

7 Likes

Fun fact:

As much as it’s “never RICO,” that’s still what took down R. Kelly.

8 Likes

Mostly what we have to hope for is that the people who eventually prosecute her are as thorough as the ones who took down Capone.

7 Likes

Word.

8 Likes

Perhaps this will address the other comments as well. The reply storm landed while I was in a hospital bed with only my phone, with which my typing sucks – thus no long form reply earlier…

Original context: the widespread references at sites such as LGM to e.g “the Trump Crime Family” and the drumbeat of Republican projections such as HEREMAILZ!!! while Republicans were actively collaborating with foreign (and unfriendly) governments. The list is long and I should hope familiar here, so thus MTG’s comparing the Republican caucus to organized crime echoes widespread Democratic references. MTG foot in mouth.

Current example: Republicans screaming “VOTER FRAUD” to cover their massive gerrymandering, vote suppression, etc even though every R investigation since Shrub has found very few cases, nearly all Republicans.

There are too many cases to enumerate here (much less on a phone from a hospital bed) so, in short Every Accusation Is A Confession – ENIAC.

I hope that clears things up. I perhaps assume far too much in the way of common referents and post overly terse comments.

5 Likes

Just so you know, your comment came off as accusing the Democrats as being the real criminals, and that they were projecting by calling the GOP criminals (which was not the Democrats in this case, but the OP, which was not written by anyone in the Democratic leadership, or someone who serves in the Democratic party, as far as I know). :woman_shrugging:

So thanks for the clarification.

12 Likes

The Party under discussion is the Republicans – how does that become “BothSides?”

1 Like

And when they decide to do a Madison Cawthorn number on her, someone will be sure to say, “It’s just business, Marge. It’s not personal.”

And whoever does the job needs to remember to leave the gun and take the cannolis.

4 Likes
3 Likes

Yeah, I assumed too much going in.