Georgia boss Marjorie Taylor Greene says GOP's "five families" meet with Kevin McCarthy every week

Originally published at: Georgia boss Marjorie Taylor Greene says GOP's "five families" meet with Kevin McCarthy every week | Boing Boing

7 Likes

Don Cannoli is gonna be upset he’s left out of the conversation

25 Likes

She sounds like a Democrat.

Sounds like a Masquerade reference.

2 Likes

So, if I get what you’re saying, Marge, the Republican party is an organized crime cartel that will sooner or later be torn apart by a brutal internal conflict that leaves most of the leaders dead?

If you say so, I guess. I don’t disagree with the basic description, but that’s a happier outcome than I had dared hope for. From your mouth to God’s ear, as they say.

46 Likes

Is it wrong that I just can’t stop imagining a horrible scenario where all these people accidentally fall into a giant industrial roller crusher machine?

12 Likes

Can we get to the part where she stuffs an orange peel in her mouth?

15 Likes

With McCarthy running the meeting, it’s more like Fredo’s crummy entourage in Vegas telling him how smart he is.

23 Likes

How so?

9 Likes

That’s an amazingly stupid take.

10 Likes

…it’s literally my favorite meeting.

Hon, you have no committee assignments. It’s literally your only meeting.

30 Likes

Today’s GOP: continually fetishizing organized crime.

21 Likes

So she’s suggesting that she herself is one of the five most powerful, influential people in the GOP even though (as already noted) she doesn’t even have any committee assignments?

13 Likes

Well, we know GOP/GQP members have the second part down pat. Heaven help us if they ever figure out how to maintain the first part for longer than six months.

I don’t think those are necessary for whipping up their voter base by serving up haterade and engaging in media misdirection. :woman_shrugging:t4:

6 Likes

As in observations (here, for instance) that the Party is acting more like an organized crime mob every year. No real policy platform, just gang identity etc.

1 Like

Bannon, convicted, awaiting sentencing, still allowed to pollute the global discourse with his calls to destroy democracy. He needs an offer he can’t refuse.

1 Like

What Are You Talking About John Mulaney GIF by Patriot Act

So, the party that has a platform, polices, etc, is the REAL one that don’t have that… okaaaayyyy… The party that has actually gotten shit done, that one. They’re the REAL mobsters here… /s

16 Likes

EAIAC, as always.

So, them having a platform with actual policies, some of which they have and continue to try to implement is a “confession” of being mobsters… Okay then.

This sounds like bothsider bullshit which ignores things like facts. I would never say that the current democratic party is free from corruption, but to compare them to the current GOP is really the height of absurdity, given what’s going on there.

It strikes me that you’re also calling the authors here at BB “mobsters” since they are the ones calling MTG out for her comment.

15 Likes

And how does that sound like Democrats? Any good quotes you want to pull, or like…examples? From reality? Can’t wait to read them! Thx

8 Likes