Giant green butt plug looks suspiciously like a christmas tree

Here in France the reactions are really interesting to see. It as been vandalised few days ago and they don’t gonna re-inflate it.

ON NO!!! Where will I land my hot air balloon now? :frowning:

13 Likes

NOTE: this is out of date. Rejoice for it is now (as of Oct 19) on SALE for a mere $1,067.00!! Other offers starting at $909.73!!! No offers for used, for some reason…

In the context of Paul McCarthy’s performances and physical works, I think this “Christmas Tree” is hilarious.

But then again, context.

(signed)
R. Mutt.

P.S. If you’d like to learn more about large art, you should check out Claes Oldenburg, from whence the others (excepting Macy’s objets du réel) came.

“False equivalence” ? Is that like when somebody doesn’t like something, so they assert that the whole class which contains it is invalid? No, that’s the precession of simulacra. No, that’s not it. Dessert of the real? No, that’s Eat Art. Uh, Work of Art in the Age of Digital (re:)Possession? All is Fluxus, nothing stands still. Of course the emperor has no clothes, he’s been locked in a gallery for a week wearing nothing but a felt blanket trying to commune with a wolf.

2 Likes

‘‘américain’’

4 Likes

Brown, presumably.

1 Like

I thought the tipping point was Stone Mountain, Mount Rushmore, the Crazy Horse Memorial, or at the very least The Motherland Calls. Shout out to the unrealized Monument to the Third International.

cf.

Fortunately, we’ve started reversing this trend.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.