Giant squid rescued from Obama in Japan

Originally published at: Giant squid rescued from Obama in Japan | Boing Boing

14 Likes

Thanks, Obama!

74 Likes

Obama to the rescue, again.

32 Likes

Based on the headline, I really thought that story was going to go another way.

29 Likes

Barack Obama GIF

36 Likes

Good thing it wasn’t a vampire squid - we couldn’t have Obama seen to be saving them!

(Though a washed-up Goldman Sachs is something to think about.)

10 Likes

37 Likes

I guess I’m not the only one who first thought the former president was after some calamari.

14 Likes

Possibly?

12 Likes

The deep-sea creature will be transported to Echizen Matsushima Aquarium in the prefectural city of Sakai.

An odd name for a restaurant, but ok.

21 Likes

All those captive wild animals doing tricks in cages at ‘aquariums’ are just being “saved” also? (Aquariums don’t save anything) ‘don’t slave me, bro’

Your ignorance is showing, “bro”

8 Likes

wonder what tricks a giant squid would perform? juggling? plate spinning?
while i agree that there are abusive feature parks that only profit from captive sea creatures (Miami Seaquarium comes to mind) a great many are using their facilities to “save” injured and displaced sea turtles, dolphins, manatee and other sea creatures. Sea World Tampa has a major sea mammal hospital where animals are rehabbed and returned to their habitat. there are several dedicated rescue operations here in the keys. yes, you can visit these facilities, but not to watch animals jump through hoops for some kippers.

16 Likes

ccd

10 Likes

I would say the squid has some sorting to do, hunting on Beach Obama.

But I am here for the Hungry Obama memes.
comedy horror GIF by TFO Productions
Hm. Not ideal.

7 Likes

Chelsea Peretti Eye Roll GIF by Brooklyn Nine-Nine

9 Likes

Welp, there are only two things I can think of that squids do that would have entertainment value. Preying on other marine life in the aquarium would provide much sadistic “tentacle” glee for onlookers. Then there’s the other side of the coin: defensive black spooging. Sauce lovers would be down with that.

3 Likes

13 Likes

I wonder if he still drops by for the BB comments. I remember clearly him once saying so when asked which websites he liked. That was back either when he first ran for President or shortly after he won.

Hey, Prez! If you happen to drop by, thanks for all the great things you did. We miss you.

Aloha and Mahalo!

8 Likes

IIRC he was permabanned on April 11, 2017.

4 Likes