GIFs of Roger Stone tweaking at his deposition

This is what being consumed by hate and rage looks like.

13 Likes

Um… The judge didn’t have anything to say about that???

11 Likes

so… republican?

14 Likes

Wow that was really a hell of an interview. He literally had no control of himself.

I worked for a long time with people who had serious behavioural issues, usually but not always disability related. That grimace he makes combined with the hand clenching is a sign (to me) that I need to establish a clear (2 arms lengths) distance between myself and the other person, and be ready to defend myself. He is not showing an ability to control himself at all.

11 Likes

I’d have thought. At one point at least, that’s brought up and Stone mockingly tells them to go ahead and tell the judge…

2 Likes

That’s what happens if you feed Mike Pence after midnight.

16 Likes

It was a deposition, so not in court and no judge present. Usually it’s in a court reporter’s office with the witness, the attorneys, and a court reporter. It’s where attorneys are supposed to be supervising themselves, but sometimes…

7 Likes

You obviously can’t see it in this video but that tattoo of Nixon on his back was gnashing its teeth and mouthing epithets for the entire deposition.

12 Likes

oh, that’s just the ergot talking.

2 Likes

I was thinking something along the lines of Voldemort hiding under that turban.

5 Likes

This is the first time this man have to answer for his actions after a life of impunity, no wonder he is so unhinged.

3 Likes

I thought those GIF clips were possibly far out of context, but oh no, it’s far worse in context… good grief, in my life I’ve never seen anyone act like this (clips from the deposition in February 2020):

5 Likes

I think this episode of Knowledge Fight is talking about that depisition.

It was insane…

Folks on Twitter are claiming these tweaks are signs of “tardive dyskinesia,” supposedly a side effect of anti-psychotic medication.

Fair. I did not watch it. I think I would like to see a slightly longer in context clip to aide me in disliking him (which I am sure I would).

During World War II, methamphetamine was sold in tablet form under the brand name Pervitin (not to be confused with Perviton , which is a synonym for Phenatine), produced by the Berlin-based Temmler pharmaceutical company. It was used extensively by all branches of the combined Wehrmacht armed forces of the Third Reich, and was popular with Luftwaffe pilots in particular, for its performance-enhancing stimulant effects and to induce extended wakefulness.[145][146] Pervitin became colloquially known among the German troops as “Stuka-Tablets” ( Stuka-Tabletten ) and “Herman-Göring-Pills” ( Hermann-Göring-Pillen ). Side effects were so serious that the army sharply cut back its usage in 1940.[147] Historian Lukasz Kamienski says “A soldier going to battle on Pervitin usually found himself unable to perform effectively for the next day or two. Suffering from a drug hangover and looking more like a zombie than a great warrior, he had to recover from the side effects.” Some soldiers turned very violent, committing war crimes against civilians; others attacked their own officers.[147]

3 Likes

Funny: Clinton testified for what, 11 hours? In front of an extremely hostile partisan phony committee, didn’t even crack a sweat, let alone act like a 6 year old, a la Stone.

4 Likes

I misread the title as “twerking”.

:disappointed_relieved:

1 Like

Me, too :scream:

1 Like

Frankly, I’m divided on which is worse.