Gingerbread dive bar kit comes complete with a syrup "sticky floor"

Originally published at: Gingerbread dive bar kit comes complete with a syrup "sticky floor" | Boing Boing

5 Likes

i am tired of seeing products that are designed to be sold out

4 Likes

Golly, I sure do miss a good dive bar. That’s what I want for Christmas!

3 Likes

Yes, we should absolutely stop making bespoke or small-run items and should instead mass-produce everything in case more people want to buy it than we expect!

(/s, obviously. Come ON.)

3 Likes

I gotta say, this thing is (was, since it’s sold out, I guess) pretty amazing.
Everyone loves a good dive bar.
My favorite local dive bar is long since closed, but we do have one that is also a burger joint that kinda fills the bill. Decent food available pushes it above our old favorite, but lack of shitty pool tables is a bummer.

1 Like

This is a thing I didn’t know needed to exist!

I heard that in the voice of Gomez Addams (TV Show version).

I like getting gingerbread houses after Christmas on clearance and just putting the frosting on and eating them.

2 Likes

I can appreciate a well-crafted gingerbuilding like this but I’d feel bad eating one this nice. Just give me that sweet, spicy wall board.

1 Like

Yeah, that’s what I’m like! I just want the crunch gingerbread!

1 Like

These are marketing ploys.

Molson-Coors is not looking to make revenue on packaged gingerbread houses. They’re looking to minimize the money they spent on a viral marketing campaign.

Personally what I’m sick of is companies selling, at pretty high prices, what is usually just promotional junk. Then using it to rake in easy media attention.

3 Likes

For only $10 more, they’ll include a gingerbread Patrick Swayze as the bouncer!

4 Likes

Does Miller Highlife and gingerbread work as a beer/food pairing?

1 Like

If you dip the gingerbread in enough fake nacho cheese and eat it with an underdressed, heavy smoker named “Myrna.”

Never mind the syrup. If you put flypaper on the bar stools, you can populate your kit with bar flies.

5 Likes

thanks for the idea, Miller! next year i’m gonna make one of these.

Always loved the honesty behind the “high life” name. It will also work well as big booze becomes big pot.

Screw that, I want a gingerbread Bukowski.

…The kit includes packets of Vermont maple syrup to drizzle across the Miller High Life-branded floor.

Simulating what is locally known as 'vous goo, after an old dive bar, the Rendezvous Inn.

I am having Gingerbread and Beer for breakfast right now!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.