Giuliani says even if Trump murdered Comey he can't be indicted

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/06/03/giuliani-says-even-if-trump-mu.html

9 Likes

Cue the reveal that Trump has in fact murdered someone.

58 Likes
  1. I’m not entirely convinced that Mr. Giuliani has sufficient mental competence to make factual statements.

2. I’m even less convinced that Mr. Giuliani’s legal theory is valid.

3. Whether or not the Spider-man principle holds – “With great power comes great responsibility” – I strongly believe that with great power must come great responsibility, and the abuse of great power demands great punishment.

4. If anyone – particularly a president – is above the law, the law is meaningless and the government under which that president claims power is invalid. I refuse to live under a goddamn dictatorship.

73 Likes

Hear! Hear!

14 Likes

This reveal was some time ago

15 Likes

I’m just amazed he didn’t bring up 9/11.

12 Likes

Periodic reminder that no one has seen Melania for over three weeks.

40 Likes

30 Likes

AFAIAA, Guiliani’s statement, while crudely phrased, was nevertheless an accurate description of existing US jurisprudence regarding the indictability of the President.

Bingo!

8 Likes

I’ve heard vice presidents can shoot people in the face with zero consequences so maybe he’s not so far off people.

45 Likes

BTW, before we all start arguing about that point, I’d suggest a quick read first:

&

https://scholarship.law.georgetown.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=2573&context=facpub

TLDR: it isn’t an absolutely settled question, but the majority view is that the President must be impeached before he can be indicted. So any attempt to indict would eventually go to the USSC, which is already stacked with fascist supporters.

7 Likes

Y’know, it was my first impulse to ask if anyone’s seen Melania in public again, yet.

21 Likes

Neck, not face.

@Melizmatic and @Brainspore a reporter claims to have seen her in the White House with her aides.

1 Like

I would like to add this point as well:

24 Likes

That ain’t “in public.”

11 Likes

“Could shoot Comey”?

That’s oddly specific.

19 Likes

Yeah I wouldn’t want to be in “public” with this shit show either…

Maybe drunk in public…

9 Likes

He could be prosecuted for anything after he leaves office. But since the GOP congress is terrified of the red state voters in the gerrymandered system they helped build, he won’t be impeached. This leaves me with the picture of Trump leaving the White House in January of 2021, and as soon as the helicopter gets aloft, hijacking it to Russia for asylum.

5 Likes

Yeah, right. The GOP believes the Constitution is just a rag. The only way we will get our nation back is if enough top military and high security people start a coup in the name of the Constitution and the Amerikan people. That may persuade a good portion of the military to question who they would shoot and kill and destroy on command. If that occurs, it would open the door for average Amerikans to take to the streets and actually start killing right wingers. It will be bloody and it will very likely be a losing endeavor. It all depends who the military will back. If they are decidedly with the right wingers, it will be a massacre. That’s the way I see it.

1 Like

Some fucken champ takes it down with an RPG, I daydreamed.

3 Likes