Giuliani to join Trump's legal team

During the campaign it seemed like rogue FBI agents were feeding Giuliani information (at a time when no one else had it). So they may be bringing him on because he has those FBI contacts, to get help in obstructing justice, not for his legal expertise.

10 Likes

These guys play the long game and try to pack the judicial benches with similarly-minded scum.

3 Likes

The dumb ass might still be angling for the Attorney General job. Despite this making for much bigger conflict of interest than what lead to Sessions’ recusal. And the near impossibility of making it through confirmations due to that conflict.

But Giuliani is a nut bar. Watergate with idiots. Just keeps becoming a more apt description.

He was a prosecutor. And even as NYC mayor had some involvement in investigations of this type. Apparently it’s not uncommon to bring former prosecutors in to prep witnesses/suspects/defendants for interviews testimony and cross examination.

But Giuliani’s experience in that regard. And most of his connections in that world. Are decades in the past. And from I’ve heard he isn’t well liked there.

IIRC before the GOP was on about the pro Hillary deep state making the FBI a liberal corruption pit. There were a ton leaks and stories coming out about huge pro Trump/anti Hillary sentiments among FBI agents on the ground. There were FBI agents and adjacents leaking shit all the time. To everyone. And theres still speculation that thats why Comey made his announcements. To cover his own ass in case it leaked anyway. I wouldn’t expect Giuliani’s informants were any more significant. He still bumps elbows with that crowd at “look at me I support law enforcement” and “I did 9/11, remember 9/11?” type events and GOP fundraisers. So there’s ample chance he knows some one to leak him shit
But I don’t get the sense he really has any kind of pull.

6 Likes

Every day in Trumpland:
drunk_right_now
drinking

9 Likes

As a trial lawyer, Giuliani knows that a quick offense can be a good defense. On the same day he learned that the Inspector General report would reveal who leaked FBI information on the Clinton probe, Giuliani announces that he is joining Trump’s legal defense team – for the good of the country. But many of us still remember that it was Giuliani himself who gave “television interviews in which he suggested he had sources providing him inside information about the FBI’s investigation of Clinton’s private email server when she was secretary of state.”

6 Likes
9 Likes

So, now they are letting him play their Reindeer Games?

5 Likes

Mp5X2hn

9 Likes

“For the good of the country.”

This reminds me of a line from some movie I can’t place, basically it means we have to sweep any crimes under the rug because knowing about those crimes would be more damaging than the crimes themselves.

Bulls#!t. Someone should ask Rudy if he thinks kids should be punished.

3 Likes

drinking

“Comey confirmed to Rachel Maddow that before getting fired, he ordered an internal investigation into whether Trump surrogate Rudy Giuliani had been privately tipped off by people in the FBI two weeks before the election that Comey would soon announce that “new” emails had been found, reopening the Hillary Clinton email investigation. Importantly, Comey confirmed to Maddow that he doesn’t know the answer to that question, because he was fired before that investigation concluded.” -WaPo

6 Likes

An apt usage of the Kitty Forman gif. Bravo.

1 Like

Rudy

9 Likes

I love how they both made a point to insert the same tagline: “For the good of the country” . LOL

During the Reagan years, Giuliani was the US Attorney for the Southern District of New York. He brings experience with federal prosecutions. Notably, he did a high profile prosecution of the “Five Families” of mafia in New York in 1985. The Trump legal team (as far as I know) didn’t yet have any former federal prosecutors on it – probably because everyone but Giuliani has credibility to protect. He doesn’t have any pull, as he’s been out of the job for 30 years, but he does know how a federal prosecution works (especially a mob prosecution – which seems to be the model Mueller is operating under) and can advise Trump & Co. accordingly.

5 Likes

He knows how such a prosecution worked 30 years ago. A lot hasn’t changed. A lot has.

Interesting. It’s the first time I see rats jumping onto a sinking boat.

8 Likes

This was my first thought too. What exactly does he plan to offer Mueller?

A plea deal?

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.