Give your gut a break with this adjustable toilet stool

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/12/18/give-your-gut-a-break-with-thi.html

1 Like

A Stool Stool, if you would.

11 Likes

Are these products actually any good? Any boingers got experience? If yes, what are the best brands?

Presumably “Squatty Potty” is the Bic/Hoover of the niche?

pro tip … Try taking off your pants off first instead.

26 Likes

Five star first post. :star: :star: :star: :star: :star:

Welcome to BB! (pants optional)

12 Likes

Psssst.

I’ve got a pile of bricks for 'ya.

I’ve bought both the “Squatty Potty” and the easyGOpro, for different bathrooms, and they absolutely work for me. It’s always a sad day when I have to use a bathroom without bidet and… uh, stool. My guttyworks aren’t exactly the best, and the combination of the 2 was literally a life-changer for me. Fielding questions from confused guests about the contraptions is absolutely worth the trade-off of comfort/lack of medical issues.

5 Likes

Heh, that’d be another plus in my book instead of a minus.

3 Likes

Okay I will be that guy.

YOU TOO CAN BUY THIS PLASTIC STOOL FOR $100USD! IF YOU ACT NOW YOU CAN GET $40 OFF THIS PLASTIC STOOL. YOU CAN BE THE PROUD OWNER OF THIS PLASTIC STOOL FOR $60USD!

PLASTIC STOOL. $60

2 Likes

Just as a heads up if you have one of these products or one like it in your bathroom I WILL picture you using it every time I go in there to pee.

You don’t have to, it’s just highly recommended.

And welcome to boingboing!

2 Likes
1 Like

I guess that would be a 2nd stool, as in number two, if you will.

2 Likes

Might be a good idea if your work installs these: https://boingboing.net/2019/12/18/toilet-designed-to-be-uncomfor.html

1 Like

Complete waste of money. The important thing is to get the top of your thighs closer to your upper torso: simply lean forward, no need to elevate your feet by purchasing/using this item.

1 Like

When we down-sized, I took advantage of the cash and disabled status and bought a Geberit Aquaclean loo. Now there’s no more hankering for a bidet, I have the shower built-in and even a dryer - and all with a remote control, which is handy when the contortions get really difficult.

It’s a heck of a price, but a great luxury when you can justify/afford it. I’ve meaning to get a Squatty Potty and was even going to post their ad to this thread, but someone beat me to it.

1 Like

If/when home-ownership is in my future, this sort of upgrade has always been top of the dream list. Enjoy the heck out of that. Going to Japan to visit family led to some revelations about bathrooms, and I’ve not been the same since.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.