Glenn Beck's TheBlaze to merge with Mark Levin's CRTV

My goodness, if they merge their audiences, they could have a viewership ranging into the upper tens of thousands from time to time!

2 Likes

Yeah I think his “pivot” was more a tack to the “middle” where the other “never-trumpers” claim to reside. Nevermind that this new center is merely the same hard-right, neo-liberal locus that they’ve occupied for 30 years.

People like Beck were hoping to score points now that there’s a pack of craven psychopaths to their right running the show, but this so-called new “center” simply doesn’t have an audience. Sure, he got to make the rounds claiming that he was revising his previously contentious views, but being a “centrist” isn’t really a position people get fervently excited about… And he’s not even a true centrist… He’s far right.

So to the left, people like Beck who’ve “seen the light” will never appear genuine, no matter how many times CNN brings them on to demonstrate how “normal” conservatives can be… And the right will forever despise those who turn their backs on their big orange boy. The alt-right is the GOP now, so he has to get on board if he wants the moneys.

The things that seems frustrating and unique to Glenn Beck is the way he often acts as an uninformed “seeker of knowledge” and then invites “experts” to explain things to him. (Well, when he’s not himself playing professor, filling up a chalkboard, “making connections,” with arrows and red yarn.) Things like how Teddy Roosevelt (“progressivist!”) and Woodrow Wilson (“globalist!”) were our worst Presidents or how George Soros is destroying America. Faux-historians like David Barton patiently explain what a Christian nation America used to be. “Oh… Now, I understand… Thank you, Expert!”

What, no Paula Deen? Probably only a matter of time.

CRTV must have been spending a fortune on their advertising on YouTube, probably other places. Maybe it was targeted, but I was getting it all the time.

You should really go check out what Alex Jones is saying about their merger on Twitter

https://twitter.com/RealAlexJones

3 Likes

Yes, but Gwynneth Paltrow is Global centre, maybe centre-left at most. If you want actual left wing kooks, try the Posadists.

3 Likes

Yeah you’re probably right that she is personally centrist… She’s filthy rich after all. It’s the readers on goop that I would suggest consider themselves to be “on the left.” They are definitely some version of pro-women’s rights and pro-minority rights… They probably believe in climate change. Its not clear-cut though, because the alt-medicine stuff also has lots of support from de-regulation types.

The content of goop is explicitly anti-authority and shares much in common with bs right-wing shit. They’re both selling anti-science, anti-government, hyper-individual quackery. The goop people probably all support charter schools and the right to not vaccinate. But they think of themselves as lefties even though the shit they’re subscribing to is profoundly neo-liberal, “have-it-your-way” garbage.

In other words, you’re right. The goopers think they’re progressive (and in some ways they are, but it’s more complicated).

1 Like

That’s outrageous! How is he allowed to say that?

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.