God damn you 2020

Whew, I made it through. Naturally, it’s trying to get a few last licks in, though, with a half-hearted ice storm.

16 Likes

So say we all.

This is the way.

4 Likes

22 Likes
11 Likes

i fon’t know if anyone else has pointed to this horrific article or not but it definitely belongs in this thread–
https://www.bloomberg.com/features/2020-cruise-ship-suicides/

14 Likes

That was a gut-wrenching read. Cruise ship workers were already exploited, and Covid-19 made things so much worse for them and their families.

12 Likes

That tracks with a fantastic book on seafaring that I recently read and highly recommend:

The author embeds deeply into each role and some of these situations at sea … gets into truly existential, harrowing stuff.

5 Likes

Hey 2020!

24 Likes

“ 2020 in Philadelphia is the second deadliest of the last 60 years, with slayings up 40% compared to 2019”

9 Likes

This is how the numbers were described in the Inquirer:

Nearly 500 people were killed and 2,200 shot in Philadelphia in 2020, but overall violent crime stayed near decades-long lows

They pointed out there were fewer mass shootings in another article, but since gatherings and other places perpetrators typically target were shut down that shouldn’t be surprising.

9 Likes

Media still gross and stupid, because humanity is still gross and stupid.

I love the Hashtag: Beans! *

Uh, yeah, no. Sigh: one more “science” periodical to fire.

At least I know what they were dancing to.

* I do not, in fact, love it.

2 Likes

Christmas packages sent by priority mail: December 18, with an expected delivery date of the 22nd.
Christmas packages delivered: one on January 2 and the other one today.

Absolutely on-point for Christmas 2020.

19 Likes

I asked my cultural correspondent (my teenage daughter) to explain the bean thing. She had this primed ready to go.

21 Likes

Is it too late to sum up 2020 in a single photo?

18 Likes

fire

17 Likes

Especially in 2020.

12 Likes

https://www.penncapital-star.com/civil-rights-social-justice/health-assessment-shows-disparities-in-pa-s-lgbtq-community-analysis/

Health assessment shows disparities in Pa.’s LGBTQ community | Analysis

14 Likes
9 Likes

Terrible Real Estate Photos

WORST OF 2020

10 Likes

wow.
that last one… gross!
also: god is most definitely dead.

7 Likes