God damn you 2020

Don’t be fooled by the bunting reminds me of somewhere that Carlisle Housing Association tried to house me in 2003. In hindsight I wonder if they were deliberately trying to get me killed.

10 Likes

Those non-standard doors had me laughing so hard. “Have you tried turning the room off and back on again?”

And that creepy picture with one half of The Shining twins.

7 Likes

Not good.

6 Likes

Um… okay then:

11 Likes

What kind of dog is this? Sounds like a relatively new breed “invented” in the last 10 years?

discussed financing options for buying the exotic bully puppy

today’s Exotic’s are a cross of American Bully in the first place, Olde English Bulldog, French Bulldog, English Bulldog, and Shorty Bull.

:dizzy_face:

2 Likes

Also- it may additionally be her baby!

I’ll be looking at a rescue dog first. Assuming I get building permission.

9 Likes

Those poor animals…

1 Like

At the HEB today, saw some beer that probably tastes better than its labeling…

16 Likes

It’s genius, though. Bad beer is too easy to produce! I could imagine them taking in mistakes from other breweries, just as some wineries buy their grapes.

Time for some Grimbergen Dubbel :yum:

12 Likes

I used to have an office in the warehouse of an old-school glassware and ceramics decorator in Honolulu. Most kiln overfires resulted in wasted product, but if it was only a slight overfire and they were running appropriate glassware, they were able to sell them as Drunken Sailor Mugs.

7 Likes

You might try it. Thirtsy Planet buckethead is good.
ETA: I’m going to get some if it’s at my local HEB during the weekly grocery run.

3 Likes
25 Likes

When I tended bar, there was a just-before-close drink called “The Wild Bull” and it involved picking up the bar mat and holding it aloft, one corner dipped to drain into an empty tumbler (“rocks glass”).

It was a free drink to whoever wanted a taste of everything spilled on that mat on that day’s nightshift.

You would not believe how many people would volunteer to drink it, if only once on a dare.

… at least in that case, it would all be beer, not liquor, wine, sodas from the bar gun, liqueurs, mixers, draft beers, and molecules of cigarette smoke!

ETA: clarifier re where the drippings all drain into

8 Likes

Not really good with alcohol generally.
Asian metabolism and lack of crucial enzymes.

So… y’all enjoy it for me, please.

I just can’t drink.

11 Likes

:face_vomiting: There is not enough booze in the world, man! I have been in enough shoes-stick-to-the-floor bars to know better!

14 Likes

Hey man, our bar had wall-to-wall industrial carpet because it was so damn loud. Anything to tamp down the decibels.

At least you can mop a shoes-stick-to-the-floor, assuming it was uncarpeted.

Uh… wait… did your comment include “shoes-stick-to-the-carpet” places?

9 Likes

Surely there must be a supplement that provides those enzymes?

If not - sounds like a business opportunity!

8 Likes

I basically gave up.
I don’t think Nature intends for me to have alcohol.

It’s fine so far. And it works out better for people who depend on me. Imagine if you will someone who can’t keep even a single drink down, and who then has an enormous hangover regardless. That’s me.

Though such a lot of crap has happened in 2021 both on a personal level and looking more broadly at my own nation, perhaps it’s time I revisit the idea of sobriety.

9 Likes

There’s other options.

12 Likes

I’m sure he has no idea what you’re talking about… :grin:

11 Likes