"Godless": Trump spokesperson describes Democrats with a slur she says she "wouldn't wish on anyone" (video)

Sunshine then goes on to describe how God pulled some strings, or “divine intervention,” to save Donald Trump over the weekend.

Because giving the kid a flat tire, so he would miss the rally (and no one would get shot), is just one of those “mysterious ways” things :roll_eyes:

12 Likes

By deflecting the bullets into the person who was killed, and the two critically injured?

19 Likes

I don’t know why the right and Republicans get to claim both the American flag and God.

I know a lot of Democrats and independents (and in their eyes, they are both “leftists”) who both believe in God and fly the flag on July 4th and other days.

10 Likes

Alienating your allies is, maybe not the best approach. Your, my, whoever’s relationship to God, gods or whatever higher power is an intensely personal thing. Using it to threaten or beat another person is unforgivable. Let’s leave it at that, hmmm?

17 Likes

Primarily because the far right has spent years crafting a particular narrative that the mainstream media was only to happy to endorse by making it seem true. You can see how many people here seems to have just accepted it at face value, in part because it confirms their own biases…

Meme Reaction GIF by Robert E Blackmon

14 Likes

Absolutely. I think the fallacy here is the argument “I believe this. I am self-evidently not stupid, therefore people who do not believe this must be wrong.” And, in extremis, this is followed by “and those people must therefore be coerced in some fashion to believe what I believe.”

(For the record, as a Christian myself, I think that it’s weird that other people do not believe what I believe about the nature of the universe. But I am also heretical enough to understand that other people are not me and that’s probably a good thing.)

8 Likes

And, to be blunt, that has not just been a problem of the right…

That seems to be one of the biggest problems many of us have, our inability to get out of our own way, and to really practice empathy that many religions advocate for… it’s hard to do, but we should all work hard to think in a more empathetic way… I think our focus should be on how people’s ACTIONS in the world impact others. I have no problem with others, whatever their worldviews, living their lives as they see fit. but once their beliefs start to encroach on the freedoms of others, that’s when it’s a problem. Fascists love to take beliefs that may be common among a particular population and weaponize that against some minority group…

13 Likes

I have to agree with her.
If you worship Trump as your God, then I am indeed Godless.

17 Likes

‘Godless’

[rest of the developed world rolls over and goes back to sleep]

9 Likes

An atheist doesn’t have to be someone who thinks he has a proof that there can’t be a god. He only has to be someone who believes that the evidence on the God question is at a similar level to the evidence on the werewolf question. – John McCarthy

10 Likes

PREVIOUSLY ON BOING BOING

14 Likes

. . . and kill a retired firefighter?

13 Likes

Yeah, sure, God moved the bullet. But didn’t bother in Columbine, Sandy Hook, Uvalde…

19 Likes

Parkland, Las Vegas, Highland Park, Oxford H.S…

You’d think the US could figure out the common thread between all these tragedies, but no, nothing shall impede white men from purchasing and using weapons of war in the US. :pensive::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

(Anyone looking to nitpick Oxford HS, go away, his dad purchased that gun for his teenage boy. As if that’s an acceptable thing to buy for a 15 year old.)

14 Likes

El Paso…

9 Likes

Kenosha

11 Likes

No, God moves every bullet. Everything is according to His Plan. God brought all those innocent children home because He loves them, and spared JDT because he still has great works to accomplish here, all according to His Plan. The fireman was a hero, and now he basks in God’s glory eternal, but DJT has important, God appointed work still to do, so he lives on. It’s obvious if you have faith!

:face_vomiting:

18 Likes

With you on that.
There have been plenty of brilliant Xians in my life.

Who I don’t have time for are Dawkins and Hitchens.

8 Likes

They are kinda dicks… ask Rebecca Watson about Dawkins sometime…

10 Likes

Not a contest. :sob: It’s all absolutely terrible and completely preventable. I highlight Oxford only because it’s the first time parents have been successfully held accountable for providing the instrument of death to the kid they also didn’t get help for.

8 Likes