Golden Trump idol paraded through CPAC as maskless devotees gawk and chant

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2021/02/26/golden-trump-idol-paraded-through-cpac-as-maskless-devotees-gawk-and-chant.html

14 Likes

CPAC 2021

53 Likes

Damn. I saw this and smashed my tablet. Now I have to buy another one.

52 Likes

Of course they made a golden idol of him. But why did it have to be a creepy homunculus with arms for legs? You couldn’t put that nightmare as a video game enemy without people deciding it just wasn’t worth playing.

29 Likes

At first glance I assumed this statue was made to mock Trump, even showing him with his pants down. At second glance I guess those are supposed to be Bermuda shorts rather than boxers but I still wonder if this is part of a “Yes Men” style prank.

48 Likes

Fun random fact, the dates CPAC would prefer to run aren’t available due to an anime convention that won’t give up the dates it wants. Petty but awesome :slight_smile:

36 Likes

watches video with golden idol of Trump being carried into CPAC

pinches self

video is still there

Yeah, well, I guess we are in the End Times…

8 Likes

I saw one tRumper suggestively licking his lips as it went by, vomit in mouth now.

download-2

29 Likes

Anyone familiar enough with the book of Revelation to compare/contrast Trump and the antichrist in biblical terms?

8 Likes

Thought the exact same thing…and I mean it HAS to be, right?? RIGHT??? :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

5 Likes

Queue up the Mooby boardroom scene from Dogma, please.

14 Likes

From 2016, though it really reflects the author’s fundamentalist background rather than whatever the bible might actually say.

antichrist1 antichrist2 antichrist3

46 Likes

And the hands are (of course) TINY!

6 Likes

41 Likes

Can’t seem to find a full version of the Leon Russell cover from his live album, which SMOKES

5 Likes

set ‘a’ = 49, ‘b’ = 50, ‘c’ = 51 … and viola: sum up “donald trump” => 666. proof!
(“and we don’t have to address the significance of 49, now do we?”)

2 Likes

The 2 guys wheeling it around were wearing masks, so they cannot possibly be legitimate CPAC attendees or functionaries, so must be a prank.

17 Likes

Where did they get Kid Rocks pants?

Oh, and, Kamala Harris it a MAN!

1 Like

I was expecting the event to be a dedication to the Führerprinzip and to a (death) cult of personality, but this is a bit on the nose.

11 Likes

No bible, but this guy lost everything.

images

28 Likes