Golden Trump idol paraded through CPAC as maskless devotees gawk and chant

Kinda makes you wonder how much of his base is motivated by the tendency of evangelicals to “dare God” into starting the end times.

14 Likes

Apropos of nothing: The Scene vs. Sandra Boynton’s COWS (Moosic Video) The Seldom Herd

3 Likes

I mean, I honestly can’t tell if this is supposed to be revering or mocking him either. I honestly wouldn’t put it past some group putting something silly up that shows how slavishly hooked his supporters are.

10 Likes

it’s called accelerationism

evangelicals - like people in my family - might not always call it such, but they believe the 45th president was part of gods plan. the endless wars, the coronavirus, the building of the embassy in israel - it’s all got to happen to make sure the end times happen. ( and the end times are a good thing that god really wants )

they’ve got little personal rituals they do to help move things along. it’s all pretty wild and wacky stuff.

21 Likes

It’s amusing that all depictions of the Shiatgibbons, intended to be flattering or otherwise, depict him with the stupid long red tie.

5 Likes

I’m not a religious person, but it frustrates me when people who self-describe as deeply religious aren’t even aware of the most famous parts of their religious texts.

Hypocrisy? Stupidity? Apathy? Cult-like devotion?

Who knows! What ever the cause, it’s deeply harmful to human beings on “both” sides.

8 Likes

“As long as a population can be induced to believe in a supernatural hereafter, it can be oppressed and controlled. People will put up with all sorts of tyranny, poverty, and painful treatment if they’re convinced that they’ll eventually escape to some resort in the sky where lifeguards are superfluous and the pool never closes. Moreover, the faithful are usually willing to risk their skins in whatever military adventure their government may currently be promoting.”

Skinny Legs and All by Tom Robbins

Substitute “military” with “militia” and “government” with “trump” (which is how he sees it), and there you are.

14 Likes

It kind of needs a Chris Morris voiceover with interviews performed by Barbara Wintergreen:

3 Likes

WTF is this? It’s supposed to be a golden CALF. This is a golden ASS. Seriously people, you had one job.

32 Likes

I found references for it within the Might Quinn Medley on Leon Live, is it a separate track from that?

2 Likes

4 Likes

Yeah. I think Santorum (is/was) one of those.
They want to rebuild the Temple so as to hasten Armageddon, which of course, means Jesus is back faster.

7 Likes

I mean, right now you can sort of expect the whole party to be a dedication to being a bit on the nose. If Trump ever has another book ghost-written for him, I fully expect the title to be My Struggle.

11 Likes

But but, we were told it had to match the golden toilet!

14 Likes

Now Donnie, you know it wouldn’t be such a struggle if you’d just eat more fiber.

14 Likes

He’s got shit for brains, so the longer he hangs on to it, the microscopically smarter/less idiotic he becomes.

5 Likes

If it is, it’s wasted. This is exactly the kind of “satire” that’s unironically adopted by Trumpanzees. All the grotesque and outrageous things done (and admired) by the Trumpers get passed off as “jokes” anyways, so if it is a prank, it’s self-defeating.

10 Likes

Uncanny resemblance.

7 Likes

I didn’t realize the presidential portrait had been completed already.

11 Likes

Looks too small to be a trojan horse analog, depending on what you filled it with I guess.
Any ideas, fellow boingers? What would you like to see pour out of that?

3 Likes