Good (Encouraging) Stuff (Part 1)

Where to move in retirement to not die quite so soon.

“ All told, the study found that many urban areas on the East and West Coasts — including New York City, San Francisco, and Miami — have positive effects on longevity for seniors moving there. Some Midwestern metro areas, including Chicago, also score well.

By contrast, a large swath of the deep South has negative effects on longevity for seniors moving there, including much of Alabama, Arkansas, Louisiana, and northern Florida. Much of the Southwest, including parts of Texas, Oklahoma, New Mexico, and Arizona, fares similarly poorly.”

12 Likes

ETA:

9 Likes

By contrast, a large swath of the deep South has negative effects on longevity for seniors

I’d love to see this done within the Province of Ontario :canada: (in terms of area we are multiples of Texas, much of it sparse populated). There are marked quality differences between levels of care available in rural and urban areas, even between smaller and larger urban centres. Add that to the stress of a country winter and I think you would see some significant differences.

5 Likes

Buh Bye

16 Likes
4 Likes
14 Likes

Abbot will likely feel obligated to bluster out full-throated support of the medieval abortion law too. I suspect the result will be a further slide in the polls.

9 Likes

Credit: Andy Gotts

11 Likes
14 Likes

I had mentioned this in another thread earlier this summer:

Here’s some better news:

9 Likes

On the door of a colleague in the Crim Department

11 Likes
17 Likes

Ryan GIF by Dubsado

9 Likes

Might be more woke capitalism, but every bit helps.

9 Likes
18 Likes
17 Likes

Great news on Labor Day weekend!

11 Likes

Yes indeed!

(I tried to find an appropriate Labor Day gif, but they’re all either about grilling, enjoying a long weekend, or they look like birthday cards. Nothing about labor solidarity. What a childish, indoctrinated culture we live in!)

14 Likes

Finally, Kansas is doing something right.

14 Likes

https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1111/and.12891
Ivermectin reduces fertility.

9 Likes