Good (Encouraging) Stuff (Part 1)

I’d prefer if he took a few hundred million to buy some congresscritters and allow most prescriptions to be made by a pharmacist like in every other civilized, and uncivilized, country.

1 Like
16 Likes
16 Likes
16 Likes
13 Likes
20 Likes

since thousands of years

Confused Confusion GIF

13 Likes

Fair.

18 Likes

I started writing a screed about how “since” requires a date/time, and describes a time period ending at now; whereas if you have a time period already, you need “for”, but it’s a free-ranging period, not necessarily tied to now. (So “Dinosaurs lived for millions of years” is not the same as “Dinosaurs lived since millions of years ago”.)

But then I deleted it because it was getting silly.

I suspect they started with “for thousands of years”, shifted to “since”, but forgot to add “since thousands of years ago” to change it from a time period back to a date.

5 Likes

I can also definitely picture say Donald Trump or hedge fund managers as pigs wearing clothes though. The children’s book might have to leave out a couple details, but the Beatles have a cute little song about it.

12 Likes
10 Likes
26 Likes

Further to that, as I type (at 10:15 in the morning) Solar power is providing 2% of the UK’s electricity demand. In January. In a notoriously cloudy, overcast country. Simply rolling solar out to rooftop locations and sites near significant demand will do so much to solve the renewable power issue.

23 Likes
21 Likes
21 Likes

It’s a minor one, but it brought me joy. An unicorn did about a half mile of sidewalk clearing. It’s a major walking route for kids in the middle school.

22 Likes

winona-thats-good-point

8 Likes
12 Likes
7 Likes

Remember those comments about what a terrible person Jimmy is?

Good times.

22 Likes