Good (Encouraging) Stuff (Part 1)

Not a good thing, but related. The kid has fractures in his back and his family has no insurance. They have a go fund me if anyone has a bit of extra cash

11 Likes

Happy My Heart GIF

I’m not crying… you’re crying…

23 Likes

Not sure this really changes anything, but I’ll chalk it up under good news, anyway…

17 Likes

:thinking:That interior needs a lot of work…

hocus pocus salt GIF
meditation aura GIF by NETFLIX

18 Likes

18 Likes

21 Likes

Not that a Democrat will replace him, nor that this resignation will tarnish the Republican brand, but still, good (encouraging) news.

16 Likes

With apologies for how much precious precious time these will take to listen to, but with sincere promises that your efforts will be richly rewarded.

This was such welcome tonic for my spirit, hopeful in a way that is wise, realistic and so necessary here, now, for me to convince myself that there is still a real reason to stay human, and stay engaged. If you are a teacher, a student, a healer, a jester, a human, someone who loves the natural world, works in the natural world, or works for justice to protect it and all lives in it, Matthijs Schouten is for you, in more ways than I can explain here.

Manchán travels the breadth of Ireland for an uplifting chat with environmental philosopher Matthijs Schouten about how to reconnect our souls to the natural world. For more information on the NatureWise programme at Wageningen University in The Netherlands: https://cdn.naaee.org/sites/default/files/case-study/file/case_study_naturewise_0.pdf

This is the second part of Manchán’s conversation with environmental philosopher Matthijs Schouten. Manchán and Matthijs chat about how everything in the world – the natural world and the human-built world – is connected, and how this realisation can help us feel happier as individuals and less powerless in the face of the current climate crisis.

ETA:

7 Likes

That reminds me, that I just got around to watching The Song of the Sea…

song of the sea animation GIF by Coolidge Corner Theatre

12 Likes
18 Likes

Happy Aww GIF by MCDM
I like this idea a lot

13 Likes

And also…

13 Likes
16 Likes
18 Likes

6 Likes

(excerpt) The California Legislature on Monday advanced a bill that would add some election workers to the state’s “Safe at Home" program that’s lets some people to keep their physical addresses secret. The program was originally designed to protect domestic violence victims, but has since been expanded to include people who work at abortion clinics and their patients.

15 Likes
17 Likes
14 Likes
18 Likes
11 Likes