Good (Encouraging) Stuff (Part 1)

Caveat: small trial involving only one type of abnormal cancer.
But omfg, they cured cancer in 100% of trialed patients.

No paywall: archive.ph

11 Likes

A reminder that one vote can make the difference:

13 Likes

The Justice Department announced today that is has opened a pattern or practice investigation into the Louisiana State Police (LSP). This civil investigation will assess whether LSP uses excessive force and whether it engages in racially discriminatory policing. The investigation will include a comprehensive review of LSP policies, training, supervision, and force investigations, as well as LSP’s systems of accountability, including misconduct complaint intake, investigation, review, disposition, and discipline.

And maybe a look at knuckle tats.

12 Likes

And the Governor of LA…

9 Likes
11 Likes

I’m going to assume that alcohol was involved.

12 Likes

That’s not hygienic!

9 Likes

It’s not good or encouraging stuff either! Silly idjits.

But,

Approve Game Master GIF by Hyper RPG

7 Likes

Yeah, I know the Taiwan thing. But this guy really has a heart of gold.

4 Likes

Thank you for those instructional websites. I have learned a great deal about the workings of congress and US politics from them.

And nearly pissed myself laughing, of course. :smiley:

5 Likes

“Rascal”?

2 Likes

To be cemented in as his nickname once he starts shooting at songbirds and their nests outside his bedroom window.

2 Likes
9 Likes
21 Likes

:eyes:

:thinking:

6 Likes

Hericium erinaceus has been recognized as medical mushroom since ancient time

… and available at Whole Paycheque Market… :thinking:

The article’s results appear (admittedly with a skim reading) to be … modest. :slightly_frowning_face:

/me checks :watch: … nope … too late for another :coffee: … let the daily cognitive decline begin.

5 Likes

With full acknowledgement re confirmation bias, I can tell you that I’ve been taking lions mane (Hericium erinaceus) for almost a year and I definitely feel the difference. A friend who has directed his dad to take lions mane has noticed his dad’s improved cognitive function after a year of taking the supplement.

I am only one case study.
YMMV.

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/321969743_Neurological_Activity_of_Lion's_Mane_Hericium_erinaceus

https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1002/ptr.2634

more:
https://scholar.google.com/scholar?hl=en&as_sdt=0%2C44&q="Hericium+erinaceus"+cognitive+&btnG=

My source for supplements (best prices):

I live in the Austin Sprawl, home of Whole Paycheck’s corporate headquarters.
I have friends who work there.
It’s easy to live without them. I don’t shop there. I won’t shop there.
I am a member of a food co-op in Austin.

ETA:
added wiki link to the fungi
added Trad Chinese Medicine usage in Researchgate, and some links at GoogleScholar

4 Likes

Billionaire sued a journalist rather than a publication. And failed.

Good news for us all.

17 Likes
10 Likes

On the night, A Strange Loop won Best Musical and Best Book of a Musical.

The win means that Jennifer Hudson, who is one of the play’s producers, becomes the second Black woman in history to achieve EGOT status. EGOT refers to those who have won an Emmy, Grammy, Oscar and Tony Award.

12 Likes