game of thrones awww snap GIF by Syfy’s The Wil Wheaton Project

13 Likes

I want a stick and a chameleon.

16 Likes
18 Likes

:clap: :crossed_fingers:

So wait, there was one decades ago?

Edit: okay I see.

Only one other vaccine for the disease, LYMErix, has been used in the country, but it was discontinued in 2002.

9 Likes

Yeah, I heard on the same NBC news posted above that they discontinued the vaccine because like this new vaccine, it’s not just one and done. (Too much effort.)

Between the increasing prevalence of Lyme disease and the possibility of yearly Covid-19 vaccine, it has changed people’s attitudes for the better when it comes to yearly vaccinations.

8 Likes

It was also only 50% effective as I recall so got pulled.

2 Likes

I will be first in line.

8 Likes

Anyone have deets on study enrollment? My vague pokings-around have not come up with anything.

4 Likes

Speaking of art…

3 Likes
15 Likes
13 Likes

Inflation at 0%. The just out freight stats show that Biden was right. It was a transitory supply chain driven event.

14 Likes

So all the higher prices I’ve been seeing will be going back down, I hope?

13 Likes

Pop Tv GIF by Schitt's Creek

11 Likes

Some will. Gas has.

14 Likes
13 Likes

3 Likes

We don’t seem to have a “Moviez” thread, and I couldn’t find anything on this one, so I put it here.

I watched the movie Prey on Hulu, and I have to say it’s quite good. For those who don’t know, it’s in the Predator universe, with the Predator arriving near a Comanche village in the early 18th century. I liked the historicicity of it, and felt that the portrayal of Native peoples was as good as I’ve seen. Nothing sappy or stupid, none of the “noble savage” BS. The producer is of Comanche and Blackfoot heritage, and the final production shows her attention to getting it right.

A lot of the story is really a kind of coming-of-age story for the young Comanche girl, Naru. Spoiler: she’s a badass.

They used native Comanche, English, and French which was cool. Some of it you have to decipher, if you don’t speak the language.

Anyway, good mindless flick, with the added bonus of getting it right for Native peoples. Hopefully this is an example others will follow.

12 Likes