Good (Encouraging) Stuff (Part 1)

There’s this:

I’m excited about this movie. It looks like it’s gonna be good.

12 Likes

Oh hecks. I searched on “movie.” Lol

8 Likes

We’re hoity-toity here: none of this ‘movie’ or ‘flick’ nonsense!

12 Likes

After all, if someone wants to spend a couple hours staring at a painting or mural, they are just as welcome to share about it.

11 Likes

I’ve done the same, so…

6 Likes

Indeed. I do so enjoy a good motion picture show.

Though certainly not at one of those “draft house” establishments!

gin and tonic drinking GIF by Monkey 47

11 Likes
15 Likes

Monkey 47 is a really good Gin

9 Likes

Kids these days!

16 Likes

Antiquities reproduced in vivid color, now on view in ‘Chroma’ exhibition at the Met, may look garish to modern eyes

It’s good to know more of how the past was. Regardless of whether one thinks that time improved the statues.

14 Likes

Well, there was that time when the Catholic church was afraid of penises on the statues.

Also: Go, Michelangelo!

8 Likes
12 Likes

Reminds me of this 2-part series, about nudity in canonized western art. It made me think differently, for one thing, about all those tiny penises.

12 Likes

7 posts were split to a new topic: Should people be allowed to video kids in public?

Nice opinion piece (with an evocative ending!) on why it’s not true that current sensitivity on various issues is a bad thing:

8 Likes

Republicans finally recognizing that helping others in need is the right choice:

12 Likes
19 Likes

Turns out our entire food system is built on outdated, unpatched Linux and Windows CE hardware with LTE modems.

Ah, a bad thing that Sick Codes did a good thing by exposing! :+1:

16 Likes

WinCE… hadn’t thought I’d hear that again… Don’t tell me the on-board music system is Zune.

All too often what the companies are really hiding is how poor their code is.

I see that extended support for WinCE ends next year. Then what? Do the tractors just get to rust in the field?

9 Likes
9 Likes