Good (Encouraging) Stuff (Part 1)

This is only shocking because of how throughly the whole field joined in the prevailing hypothesis. It has taken decades of failure for researchers to start thinking “hey-maybe the original idea was wrong”.

3 Likes
13 Likes
17 Likes
24 Likes

Discount ticket to the Banksy exhibit, too!

14 Likes

Why is he still not fired? I thought Biden added enough new board members to make it possible to vote him out.

16 Likes

I’m not an expert on German hunting laws so take with large pinch of salt but from what little I do know, “the local hunter” is probably an attempt to translate the concept of the “hunter responsible for the area” (which is closer to what I find in the German language media articles on the story - “der zuständige Jäger”), i.e. the “local hunter” is probably the hunter who has the hunting rights for the local area.

4 Likes
3 Likes
11 Likes

Yeah, probably the local Forstrevierleiter or Revierförster.
Or as some people like to put it, Jägermeister.

7 Likes

Dolly is a national treasure!

19 Likes

Awesome. Hope she also mails out banned ones to places full of censorious parents.

8 Likes

GIF by Dolly Parton

12 Likes

Amazing site. I had no idea how many tens and even hundreds of thousands of birds are migrating over me every night.

With live maps!

18 Likes

I am grateful to have a roof.

summer city GIF by Kim's Convenience

12 Likes

My Dad has been raving about this app if you are interested.

13 Likes

Merlin is great. I love the sound-ID feature.

Also having your own observations feed back into the system helps improve everyone’s knowledge

13 Likes

Cool. I’ll have to give it a try.

7 Likes

Lightning McQueen won the Piston Cup again in Auckland :new_zealand: yesterday. Local car buffs got together to stage the race as part of a “Children’s Wish Foundation”-type event for a local 5 yr old lad.

The race was supposed to be slow speed, but with that many owners of fast, classic cars on the track, apparently it got “full on competitive”.

Lightning McQueen is played here by a fambly member’s Bollwell Negari.

14 Likes
20 Likes