Good (Encouraging) Stuff (Part 1)

Let sleeping walruses lie

19 Likes
14 Likes

I wish my neighbors were so considerate.

10 Likes

Justice actually served…

8 Likes
16 Likes
11 Likes

I know he tries to fly under the radar. But he doesn’t get nearly enough credit for how awesome he is.

13 Likes

It’s a sad thing that so many people are so fearful of strangers that they can’t bring themselves to extend a helping hand to someone they don’t know. Hell, I would have given him my bed and slept on the couch. SMDH. :frowning:

8 Likes

If a woman does that and any crime happens to her as a result, even just getting her wallet stolen out of her purse, it is her fault and the police will make sure she knows it, as will many of the people in her circle.

So that’s 51% of the population already trained to not take the risk to help a man.

16 Likes

That whole thing sucks mightily too, but surely out of ten households there were a few men present.

7 Likes

Or people who had mangers. I mean garages.

Set some people up there with a space heater and blankets. Something warm to eat?

14 Likes

This made me cry, thinking of two best friends, among the first men allowed to marry in Kentucky. Who had adopted 7 kids that nobody—nobody—else wanted. They gave them a loving home. It’s an older video, but I’d never seen it before. It looks like he lost the recent election. I hope he doesn’t give up. We need more people like him in office.

16 Likes

The Daily Show Boom GIF

11 Likes

Stealth camping.

12 Likes

:astonished: I’m still boggled by that “cars can park free” claim. There are meters all around the suburb where I live, except in residential neighborhoods and large business parking lots. Overnight parking bans and increasing fines have been gaining in popularity since #vanlife started trending.

10 Likes
19 Likes

https://nit.com.au/04-01-2023/4643/president-lula-da-silva-signals-a-new-dawn-for-brazils-indigenous-peoples

9 Likes

Despite the drama in the House, Senator Bernie Sanders raised several points here that give me hope for progress and positive change - if we continue to fight for it: :fist:t4:

17 Likes

After a year of the “Harry Potter” author doubling down on her transphobic views, even to the point of creating a therapy service that specifically excludes trans women from treatment, Rowling’s sales from Pottermore, the digital publisher and home of Harry Potter content, have seen a terrific 40% loss in the past year.

16 Likes

Ha.

I’m tempted to say that Rowling is another example of how many turns people into assholes, but I’m pretty sure Rowling has always been one.

16 Likes